Top Lip Balm to Apply Under Lipsticks
I had this question in my mind ever since I started using matte lipsticks. With creamy lipsticks its not a big issue but for a girl who doesn’t like any satin shine or feel on her lips and rejects all these super yummy shades just because they aren’t matte enough..it matters a lot you know.
What my perfect lip balm should do:
1. Should NOT alter the finish and texture of the lipstick. If I’m paying extra money to get a matte lipstick (looking at you Inglot
2. Should NOT mess up with the pigmentation. Often lip balms make the lipsticks too slippery and thus the colour turns up blotchy. Hate it!
3. Make the lipstick application easier. Trust me when I say that I’ve considered blow drying and microwaving my matte tubes (ahem..even did the latter). Because some formulas just won’t apply without tugging or pulling. I’m talking of the MAC Retro Matte lipsticks and Illamasqua matte lipsticks here.
4. Should keep the lips hydrated f or hours. I don’t want to be the girl whose lips crack after a few hours of wearing the Nyx lip creams .
I tried and tested quite a dozen balms before finding the best. While most of them work great as night or day balms BUT none could fulfill the criteria I just mentioned above. And then one fine day Burt’s Bees lip balm (read the full review for price and availability) walked into my life and changed it forever. Oh yes! It makes perfect sense because its matte too. So matte + matte = matte lipstick lovers heaven! Even EOS balms work nicely too. Basically any good matte balm works.
I now apply my Ruby Woo without any problems ;)We don’t own the image in this post
- MAC Lady Danger Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Pink Alert Lipsticks Pow1, Pow2, Pow3, Pow4
- L’oreal Paris Shine Caresse Stain Bella Review
- Colorbar Definer Lip Liner Mad Me Pink Review
- Inglot Sleeks Cream Lip Paint Review
- 10 Best MAC Lipsticks for Indian Skin