Kim Kardashian Makeup Tutorial Step by Step: Grammys Inspired
By Contributor: Himani
Today I am going to share a makeup tutorial with you all lovely people. The look is inspired from Kim Kardashian’s makeup at this year Grammy’s. Olive bronzey eyes done perfectly!! Well, I have tried my best to get as close to the look possible by using the options I had. Hope you guys like my effort and try this look sometime. Kim K is known to sport smokey eye makeup looks with nude lips, contoured and highlighted skin. While her sister Kylie Jenner is famous for her mauve brown pout, Kim is known for her dramatic looks. The smokey olive green makeup tutorial is great for parties and weddings. She has now gone blonde so I can’t wait to see the makeup looks she comes up with.
Prep before the eye makeup: The basic step is to have a clean canvass. Clean and moisturize your face and under-eyes well to have a flawless look.
Kim Kardashian Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial Steps:
Step 2: Apply an olive green cream eye shadow on your lids and blend well. Apply the same cream shadow on lower lash line as well. I have used Oriflame The One Colour Impact Cream Eye Shadow in Olive Green.
Step 3: Apply an ashy grey eye shadow in the crease, taking care not to exceed the cre ase on the outer corners. However, take the grey eye shadow above the crease in the inner corners. Blend this eye shadow well as this will give the smokey vibe to the eye look. I have used Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Ash Grey.
Step 4: Apply a shimmery olive green shadow on the lid. Pat it and not drag it, as this will help in getting more color pay-off. Apply on the outer 2/3rds of the lower lashline. I have used the right side’s eyelid color from Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette.
Step 5: Using the same shimmery olive green shadow, smoke out your inner corners. This is the trademark of this look – smokey inner corners. Stay below the grey shadow and blend both the shadows well on the edges.
Step 6: Take a bit of emerald green and apply on the outer V of the eye. Do not use much as you don’t need a clear emerald shade here. You only need a slight hint of emerald with the grey shadow in the crease. Again, blend the shadows well on the edges. I have used the shade Loaded from Urban Decay Smoked palette.
Step 7: Take a pale golden shade to highlight the inner corner of the eye. Again following the smoked-out inner corner rule, apply and blend the shadow nicely in the inner corner of the eye. Apply on the inner 1/3rd of lower lash line as well. I have used Coastal Scents Hot Pot in Fleshtone.
Step 8: Using the same pale gold shadow, highlight the brow bone as well.
Step 9: Tight line your upper lashes using any black kohl.
Step 10: Apply a black liner on the upper lash line. Extend the line a bit in the inner corner. Do not exaggerate the outer wing a lot. And lastly, curl the lashes and apply your favorite mascara and even falsies, if you wish. This is the final eye look.
Any Kim Kardashian makeup look is incomplete without contouring. Post your foundation, concealer and powder routine, use a matte contour powder to sculpt the cheekbones. Apply a peachy pink blush and a highlighter. I have applied a nude lip shade which suits my skin tone. You can go more pale on the lips, as per her look.
Products used for the Kim Kardashian eye makeup look:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original.
- Oriflame The One Colour Impact Cream Eye Shadow in Olive Green.
- Ashy grey eyeshadow (Costal Scents Hot Pot in Ash Grey).
- Olive green eyeshadow (eyelid color from Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette).
- Emerald green eyeshadow (Loaded from Urban Decay Smoked).
- Pale gold eyeshadow (Costal Scents Hot Pot in Flesh Tone).
- Stila All Day Waterproof liquid eye liner in intense black.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.
- MAC 217 brush.
- Sonia Kashuk Crease, Blending and Liner Brushes.
- ELF Eye shadow Brush.
Products used for the Kim Kardashian face makeup look:
- Sonia Kashuk All Covered up Concealer in Wheat.
- Lakme Absolute Mousse Foundation in Golden Medium.
- Physician’s Formula Mineral Face Powder in Buff Beige.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Amour.
- ELF Tone Correcting Concealer in Apricot Beige (for highlighting).
- MAC Sculpting Powder in Shadowy.
- Revlon Skinlights Loose powder in Natural Light.
- Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in Bare It All.
This smokey green makeup is perfect for date nights as well as special events. You can even dare to wear this during daytime. Hope you liked my attempt and do try this for sure!!