Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15 Review
By Contributor: Agnirupa
First of all this monstrously priced day cream from (daaku) Estee Lauder which I will review today was a total guilty + impulsive buy! But once I started to use it, I did not repent any more. Actually I had gone to check out their cult Double Wear foundation and when the SA applied it on my face to check the shade, she slathered on a delicious smelling soothing light moisturizer first..I was done for! Instead of answering her about how the foundation shade matches me I snatched the Day Wear cream jar off the counter and said “pack this for me too”
Estee Lauder Claims: DayWear Advanced Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15. InStyle Best Beauty Buys 2014 – Best Moisturiser with an SPF. It’s the most important thing you’ll put on today. An advanced moisturiser to defend against-and diminish-the appearance of signs of premature ageing. Super Anti-Oxidant Complex. DayWear helps safeguard skin with advanced broad-spectrum sunscreen and our best UVA defense. Reduces the appearance of first signs of ageing, like dullness and fine, dry lines. Wear DayWear and feel confident in your beautiful skin. PERFECTLY HYDRATED. POWERFULLY PROTECTED.
Prevent with Super Anti-Oxidant Complex
- This proprietary complex of skin-essential anti-oxidants-including Vitamins C and E, Eukarion and EGT. Protect with Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen
- DayWear helps safeguard skin with advanced broad-spectrum sunscreen and our best UVA defense.
- Meets the most advanced standards around the world for UVA protection.
- By helping defend against damaging UV rays, it helps keep it looking younger, longer.
Diminish the First Signs of Ageing
- Works to diminish the appearance of the first signs of ageing-the dullness and fine, dry lines you’re starting to see.
- Helps bring out the radiance of healthy, youthful looking skin.
Enjoy Lasting, Refreshing Moisture
- Since dryness can also cause skin to look older faster, DayWear refreshes your skin with deep, long-lasting hydration.
2 CREMES TO CHOOSE FROM: Choose the DayWear creme right for your skintype:
- NORMAL/COMBINATION Skin creme is lightweight and silky, with just the right balance of richness and refreshment.
- DRY SKIN creme comforts and cushions with soothing emollients and a luscious texture. Also ideal for colder, drier climates.
- Both are infused with a crisp cucumber scent-an instant pick-me-up.
HOW TO USE: Apply AM and PM after your Repair Serum.
The packaging (sigh) one look at the robin blue box and the lovely serene creme tub and you will forget what summer is. The pale blue tub comes with a classy gold screw cap which makes it secure for travelling with even though the big tub is kinda clumsy to lug around.
The texture of the creme is so light, airy, cool and soothing that even in this horrible heavy summer weather you wouldn’t mind scooping it up and gliding it on your face. The color is pale minty blue and my skin drinks it up instantly without any greasy finish/feel!
The smell is THE main reason for this extravagant buy. Its light, cucumber-y, fresh, green and everything feels so right after just 1 sniff of this. I think they might have put me on drugs!
It hydrates beautifully, my skin feeling soft and supple instantly. I have been using it for 2 months now and I do think my skin texture and softness has improved. I do not have wrinkles/ fine lines so cannot comment on the anti-ageing factor.
The hydrating effect lasts the whole day and does not make my skin greasy/oily like all my other creams do..for perfect freshness though, a blot after 3-4 hours is needed.
The SPF 15 factor is awesome..just what I want in a day creme! Kudos!
The pros of Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi Protection Creme:
- The tub packaging is very beautiful and classy.
- The texture is lovely, cool and soothing- instantly absorbed.
- The smell is DIVINE! Uplifts every mood- crisp , green cucumber.
- Does not feel heavy/greasy.
- Hydrates beautifully, makes skin soft and supple!
- Has SPF
The cons of Estee Lauder Anti Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15:
- Toooooo expensivveeeeeee (howls)
Price: a whopping Rs.360o
VNA Rating: 5/5
Do I recommend? I know I know its far too pricey to be recommended lightly but trust me you cannot go wrong with this! The smell, the texture, the SPF, the soft clean feel – a perfect day crème! Do splurge on it if you are on the lookout for the best stuff for your skin :D and I have been using it for 2 months straight and haven’t even gone through 1/4th of the tub..so you can imagine how long it lasts! Hope you try this out and love it as much as I did.