Last month I was invited by the Bobbi Brown team to their newly opened store in Ambience Mall, Gurgaon to have a look at the store and try out the new collections for the summer. Bobbi Brown Regional Beauty Expert Eliano Bou Assi was also present there who showcased and demonstrated the new chubby lip pencil crayons called the Art Sticks
Bobbi Brown Art Sticks shades:
1. Cherrywood: A soft nude brown. Will work for darker Indian skin tones.
2. Sunset Orange: Bright red based orange. My favourite out of all the shades. Well its no secret as I love orange!
3. Dusty Pink: A warm pink nude. Looks ordinary in the swatch but totally works on my face. Another love.
4. Bright Raspberry: A blue based berry pink. Good for all skin tones and totally a summer shade.
5. Electric Pink: A warm bright pink with some neutral tones to it. If Dusty Pink is too subtle for you and Bright Raspberry too bright then this is middle path.
6. Harlow Red: A bright red to rock those winged liners and clean face look.
7. Cassis: A berry toned brown. Honestly not a fan of this one.
8. Rose Brown: A proper brown shade but doesn’t look muddy. Good for mature ladies who shy away from colours!
All the shades have been designed keeping the yellow Indian skin tones in mind. From fair to dark, I think every skin tone can find a shade which would work for the. That’s what I love the most about Bobbi Brown. They don’t churn out shades only keeping our western counterparts in mind. And that’s an international brand..when a lot of our desi Indian brands fail to do it!
I tried Cherrywood on my lips. It works as both as a lip liner and lipstick. And it comes with a sharpener so you can always keep the edge pointy. The texture is creamy matte. According to Eliano Bou Assi these can also be used as blushes. He tried the same shade on my cheeks as well..needs a little effort in blending because of the matte texture but comes out beautifully. I’m currently testing them out so the reviews will be up on blog soon.
Btw I also tried a lip balm before applying the Art Stick and people its one of the best lip balms I’ve ever tried. I wore it for approx 30 seconds before wiping it off and the Art Stick gilded on it like butter and my lips were hydrated all day. I don’t know the exact name..grrrr I was to busy with the colourful makeup to pay attention to a plain old lip balm. Mental note: check out the lip balm name when you are at the Bobbi Brown store next!
Overall I loved most of the shades from the Art Sticks. Look out for the review and more swatches of the new collections.
Review, Price, Buy Online Head & Shoulders Neem Anti Dandruff Shampoo I have this habit… Read More
Head & Shoulders Active Protect 2 in 1 Anti Dandruff Shampoo + Conditioner Review, Price,… Read More