Review and Price of Oriflame The One Illuskin Foundation in Natural Beige, Olive Beige, Porcelain and Nude Pink
My tryst with foundations started with Oriflame. You know you can’t escape an Oriflame rep when everybody from your chachi to rajouri garden wali maasi ask you to not only buy makeup from them but take the monthly magazine to school and convince your friends too. Okay honestly bribing me to make my girls splurge used to be a bit too much but that never stopped me from spending a good percent age of my pocket money on their lipglosses and lip balms
I have all the 4 shades to show you guys to help you match your shade while ordering it from the booklet (from agra wali taiji ofcourse) Shades available: Porcelain, Nude Pink, Natural Beige, Olive Beige.
Oriflame The One Foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser with a lock mechanism. Although glass bottles are difficult to travel with, I quite like the pump. I have not traveled with it yet so can’t say much on this but I would be sharing some travel tips soon which might come handy if you travel a lot.
The texture is of medium consistency and a dream to blend. I mostly blend it with my fingers because its that easy. Its easy to build it up without looking cakey. It sets to a satin finish so a good choice for those with combination oily skin. In this chilly Delhi weather I am using it without powder on top but in summers I might need a touch of it. If you don’t have good foundation brushes or if you are always in a hurry to spend proper time on blending then this is just the right texture you need.
The coverage is sheer to medium. It won’t cover your spots and marks but even out the skin tone. Just one coat is enough for everyday wear but I need two coats when I am attending an event. Its good for college and office wear where you don’t need something heavy duty but something light and easy to work with. Its one of the most natural looking foundations.
It comes in 4 shades. Fair to medium skin tones will find a match but its the darker lot which won’t find any shade for them. My shade is Natural Beige which is the only yellow toned shade which suits my NC 37 skin. The other shades have either grey or pink tones which I am pretty mad about. Oriflame should work on their shade range to specially customize it to suit the Indian women.I have all the 4 shades in the range to show you. Spent over 2 hours taking the swatches to capture everything right from the shades to undertones. They are as close as possible to the real thing!
From left to right:
Porcelain: It is the lightest shade in this range with some grey tones to it
Nude Pink: As the name suggests, its as light as Porcelain but with pink tones
Natural Beige: Its a medium yellow toned shade. If you are around NC 35-40, this should match you. Yep suits me perfectly.
Olive Beige: Its supposed to be darker than Natural Beige but its the same shade with some grey/pink tones
Pros of Oriflame The One Illuskin Foundation:
- The texture is a dream to blend, no makeup brushes required
- Feels light and not cakey making it ideal for daily wear
- Lasts for 5-6 hours without setting with a powder
- The coverage is sheer but builds up easily
Cons of Oriflame The One Foundation:
- The shade selection leaves out the darker lot
- I would have liked a little more coverage
I posted my photo on Instagram wearing this foundation and just a lipgloss. Check here.
Price: Rs.799 (look out for the offers)
VNA Rating: 3.75/5
So is it for you? If you are looking for a light, low coverage, easy to work with foundation then this is THE ONE for you. It has SPF 20 which is an added bonus during the day and doesn’t require any brushes to work with. Never looks cakey or patchy, and looks very natural as if its second skin. See the swatches to check your shade match and don’t forget to check the offers in the Oriflame booklets before buying.
- MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage: Review and Swatches
- Colorbar Full Cover Makeup Stick SPF 30: Review and Swatches
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Foundation: Review and Swatches
- L’Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation: Review and Swatches
- Chambor Sheer Delight Ultra Matt Oil Free Foundation: Review and Swatches
- MAC Face and Body Foundation: Review, Swatches and FOTD
- NYX Twin Cake Powder: Review and Swatches
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup SPF 10 Foundation: Review, Swatches and FOTD
- Clarins Instant Smooth Mousse Foundation 04 Golden Beige: Review and Swatches
- Revlon ColorStay Makeup Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin: Review and Swatches
Product sent by the brand