Review, Swatches and Price of Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner
By Contributor: Aruna
Maybelline has been on a roll lately with all of its new launches in the market. Even if the product that I am going to be reviewing today, isn’t really all that new. The maybelline hyper sharp eyeliner had been on my wishlist for quite long time but I never got around to purchasing it because of the shiny new displays at MAC and L’Oreal which always distract me. And also, because I had the famous Maybelline gel eyeliner which was working just fine for me, till the past few weeks. As soon as the latter one dried out and the inconvenience of it started getting on my nerves, I loaded up my wallet and got myself the hypersharp liner
The packaging of the product is quite simple. However, it is the convenience of it which is the best part for me. That accompanied by the extremely fine tip of the pen makes it all the more simple. If you are an eyeliner beginner or somebody who loves a sharp and clean cat eye then this is tailor made for you. The fine tip (which is made of fine bristles) enables on to create the thinnest to the thickest line that you can. Coming to the issue that all pen liners have, you have to keep it horizontally if you want to prevent it from drying out.
The staying power of hypersharp has really impressed me. I have dry to normal eyelids and this has never smudged or flaked even after 7 hours of wearing it. It is waterproof and will only completely come off with a makeup remover, oil or soap. The liner dries a few seconds after application and does not transfer onto the top part of the eyes as most eyeliners normally do. I would, however suggest, that when one is working with liquid eyeliners that you wait a bit more and finish the other parts of the face before you curl your eyelashes. By doing so, you will ensure that none of the eyeliner gets transferred onto you curler and as a result your liner remains untouched.
The colour of maybelline liner is black but not jet black. But you can build it up with one or two strokes. The finish is not completely matte but it is also not glossy. It comes close to satin which looks rather good when applied. Overall, this product is a winner on all counts and a new favourite!
Pros of Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner:
- Fine tip which makes it perfect to create both thin and thick strokes
- Staying Power is quite nice
- Ease of use. Makeup beginners who struggle with liquid eyeliner brushes for making winged eyes would find this convinient to use
Cons of Maybelline Hyper Sharp EyeLiner:
- Eyeliner pens may dry over time
- If you are a regular user, you may use this up within 2 months
Price: Rs. 425
VNA Rating: 4. 5/5
Conclusion: If you are somebody who is completely bad at eyeliner or are putt off with the inconvenience of the gel eyeliner, then, this is absolutely perfect.
- Best Kohl Pencils Available in India
- Lakme 9 to 5 Black Impact Liner
- Best Eyeliners in India
- Oriflame The One Eyeliner Stylo Black
- Lakme Absolute Gel Addict Eyeliners
- Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliners
- Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liners
- Maybelline The Colossal Kohl Turquoise
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Kajal Liner
- How To Do Rainbow Eyeliner