|Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush review|
I know I’m centuries behind in reviewing this blush. But this blush is special because it was the first ever blush I bought. I got Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Soft Plum because:
- its a cream blush and they look more natural than the powder ones
- its buildable so I have no worries that I’ll end up looking like a crown
- it can be put on using your fingers since I’m not a pro when it comes to using makeup tools.
Peach Satin 20- its packed with loads and loads of shimmer and the light pink colour is difficult to show up
Soft Plum 40- its a soft pink colour but without the shimmer
Coffee Cake- its a light golden brown blush and can be used as a highlighter
The rest of the shades I saw on the site but could not locate are: Dolly Pink 10, Pink Frosting, Rose Petal 25, Cloud W ine 50 and Coffee Cake 60. Also, the blushes are differently named in different markets.
The shade I have is Soft Plum 40.
What I crave about the blush:
- the texture. It blends like a dream(true to its name!). I’m new to this blush business and I dont face any problems in applying it.
- No makeup tools required. Can be used with fingers easily.
- The colour is a soft light mauvish pink and doesnt look OTT.
- Also. this shade is the winner of Teen Vogue Reader’s Choice Awards 2007 Blush Category.
What I’m compromising on:
- The shimmer. Although it doesnt look OTT but I prefer matte blushes. So, this blush is difficult to carry in formal office environments. Even I dont like to wear it to college. Your best bet is to carry it during nights.
- The other shades are very difficult to locate and are named differently in different parts of the world. So, you have to be careful while shopping them online.
- Although its a cream blush, but due to its non-oily nature it may not be suitable for dry-skinned beauties.
- Comes in a pot and you have to clean your hands everytime you use it.
Here are some swatches
|Left: blended, right: unblended|
Conclusion: Its an inexpensive blush so you can try it if you are not sure. Well, the quantity is sooo much and you need a very little amount that I dont think I would run out of it in atleast this lifetime! But beware of the shade 20 if you dont like shimmer, you may still like this one.