Mac Smolder Eye Kohl: Review and Swatches
By contributor: Swati Reddy
Here is a little story behind this smokey kajal.
*End of conversation*
This smart pencil was all my dreams and nightmares. Dreams of a smudge proof and kohl rimmed eyes. Nightmares of breaking my little piggy bank. What to do? What to do? *thinking* *thinking*
Then appeared the Angel Swati.Angel: Oh Baby , Why can’t you save all your canteen, movie and library money to get your dream?
So that was my history behind the kohl.
MAC says: A soft-on pencil liner that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth,matte/pearl finish. Ophthalmologist tested.
It comes in a standard matte black MAC packaging. Looks quite chic and classy. It comes in a pencil form that needs sharpening which leads to product wastage. The texture of this kohl is really SMOOTH and CREAMY. It glides on eyes like a butter, hence no tugging and pulling around eyes. Even though its creamy, it doesn’t break while sharpening. No to mention its the BLACKEST BLACK color that every girl wishes to have in her kohl. The pencil will last for a long time as it is well pigmented. You just need few swipes to get that jet black look. It is actually NOT SMUDGEPROOF. I have watery eyes and it smudges a lot on my waterline if I rub it accidentally. If I don’t rub it, then it stays for a whole day. At the end of the day, it fades into eyes but doesn’t give you that raccoon eyes. I wear contact lens and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes.
THE GOODS ABOUT MAC SMOLDER KOHL:
- The texture is quite SMOOTH and CREAMY.
- The pencil is quite long so it lasts for a long time.
- Easy to sharpen, standard sharpener can be used.
- BLACKEST BLACK COLOR, only few swipes are needed.
- Stays for the whole day if eyes are not rubbed.
- As the name says it is easier to create dramatic smokey eyes with this.
- Although it is not waterproof it is WATER RESISTANT.
- Safe for contact lens wearers as it is OPTHAMOLOGIST tested.
- Its MAC!
THE BADS ABOUT MAC SMOLDER KOHL:
- It is NOT SMUDGE PROOF. Especially on watery eyes it smudges a lot.
- Oh yes, it is EXPENSIVE.
Let’s look at the photos and swatches:
Price: Whooping Rs.790
Is it for you? Absolutely YES if you don’t have watery eyes and hyperactive hands! And not to forget, if you don’t mind the PRICE. Its soft, creamy and the blackest kohl you can ever find anywhere.