MAC Heroine Lip Pencil Review and Swatches
By Contributor: Agnirupa
I am here to talk about heroine today. No don’t scream in shock! The heroine in question is certainly not the recent appalling movie of Kareena Kapoor. I really have better work to do than that! I am instead talking about the gorgeous purple lip pencil of the heroine line from MAC. Let’s start the review and swatches. The heroine lip pencil was a limited edition until recently (yesss that’s right from 16th december onwards heroine is permanent) and it was repromoted recently through a collection and a sweetheart friend procured for me. The pencil comes in a regular packaging though, with a color coded end and a fitted cap.
MAC Claims: Heroine is described as a bright purple.
The color as described is indeed a bright purple with a few red undertones and peeks of magenta which makes it surprisingly wearable. I have lusted after this particular color ever since I saw it up on temptalia and since the lipstick was not promoted recently I had to get the pencil atleast and yeahh..MAC is MAC..if I would not have told you all I am wearing a lip pencil I am willing to bet I could get away saying it’s a full blown lipstick
The pigmentation is excellent and gives bright. Opaque color in a single swipe! On lips smeared with lip balm too, this wonder pencil does not falter and delivers full pigmentation.
The texture in spite of being a lip pencil is creamier than the average MAC lip pencil. I have tried only 2-3 though! And does not tug at all if worn over hydrated/exfoliated lips. On dry, parched lips though, every lip pencil spells disaster. And this is no exception!
MAC lip pencils never ever budge. They are used to keep the lipsticks in check remember. And this is similar! Does not go till I shoo it away. Lips do tend to dry up over time so a dab or two of lip balm/gloss is necessary for comfort. The trademark vanilla smell is missing though. These are taste and fragrance free.
Swatches of Heroine in different lights
And this is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with Heroine
And this is how it looks on me
How MAC Heroine looks on my Indian Skin
The pros of MAC Heroine Lip Pencil:
- Mind blowing pigmentation- single swipe bright opaque color
- Creamier, softer texture than usual lip pencils and very easy to apply!
- Bright, happy purple which instantly brightens up any look without being OTT
- Wears on and on through the day and does not budge!
- Can be easily mistaken for the lipstick version
The cons of MAC Heroine Lip Pencil:
- Tends to dry out lips over the day, but it is expected..cummon it’s a lip pencil!
- Too pricey for a lip pencil
Price: Rs.990 (err..steep for a pencil)
VNA Rating: 4/5
Dupe: Flormar Lip Pencil No. 218
Do I recommend? MAC Heroine Lip Pencil is great. This particular shade is 1 of those colors I am smitten with (much like flat out fabulous
- Mac Rebel Lipstick Swatches, Review
- Mac Daddy’s Little Girl Lipstick Review
- Mac Glamour Era Mineralize Rich Lipstick Swatches and Review
- Mac Chatterbox Lipstick Swatch, Review
- MAC Candy Yum Yum Lipstick: Swatches, Review
- Mac Diva Lipstick Swatches, Review and Dupe