L’Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick Aphrodite Scarlet Review
By Contributor: Agnirupa
I come today with one of the newest and hottest kids..err..launches on the block. I was never much into all that pink bru-ha-ha of the newly launched Maybelline lipsticks but I had known about this l’oreal rouge caresse launch for months and was waiting impatiently for it and driving my shop SA mad. Finallyyy!! Today’s shade is the very pretty Aphrodite Scarlet which I will review and swatch.
L’Oreal Claims: Don’t just stroke your lips, Caresse them. Lips say yes to this Caresse. A flutter of kissably soft light-weight feeling colour. Its delicate texture glides onto lips creating a veil of colour with a luminous shine. A
- Weightless sensation.
- Luminous and Fresh colour
- Meltingly soft application.
- Pop of colour
- Flutter on your lips
- New sensation
- Feather light feel
The lipsticks are packaged very like the l’oreal infallible range
The texture is excellent, so light, really weightless on lips as claimed, very glossy and so non-sticky! Hydrates lips very well and plumps up lips instead of emphasizing fine lines. Me love the finish!
The shade Aphrodite Scarlet is ahemm..not at all scarlet. Not even close! Its however, a very very pretty warm rosy pink which uplifts complexions and lends a rosy pop of color and freshness to the face. Velly velly pweety!
The pigmentation is sheer to semi sheer which can be built up to an extent without feeling thick or cakey but is most certainly not opaque! Ladies with lip pigmentation issues do try out before ordering blindly.
Lasts for hardly a couple of hours before it gets wiped away by food and drinks. It leaves behind its hydrating feel though! No smell or taste.
Swatches in natural light
My lip swatches with it
The pros of L’Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick Aphrodite Scarlet:
- Cute and sleek, color coded sturdy tube packaging
- Awesome texture, feathery light, glossy and soft, applies like a dream and gives a lustrous plumped pout
- The shade is a very pretty rosy pink on the warmer side and will suit different complexions!
- Hydrates lips very well!
The cons of L’Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick Aphrodite Scarlet:
- Will be too sheer for some! And matte lovers just run!
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? L’Oreal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick Aphrodite Scarlet is a sheer pink shade. I adore sheer, light, glossy lipsticks and this feathery light, smooth, dreamy lipstick range from l’oreal is just what my doctor ordered. The shade names though are a mismatch. And the colors are really too light to be built up anywhere near their bullets. But for hot summery days with a pop of sheer color on lips this is the one! Recommended! So ladies do check out this new range from l’oreal while I pop off to review my next.
- Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick Liar Lips Review
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Smitten Review
- L’oreal Paris Shine Caresse Stain Bella Review
- Inglot Sleeks Cream Lip Paint 108 Review
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Berry Smoothie Review
- Maybelline Pink Alert Lipstick POW 2 Review