Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown Review and Swatches
By Contributor: Sharmistha
I am back! Yes I was bored of buying and then doing reviews but later realized that it’s a part of my life I can’t stay without it. It’s been a year I am in blogging world! There are lots of fantastic new launches happening every other day in beauty world. Our very own Indian drugstore brand Lakme recently launched 5 new colored kajals in their Eyeconic range. All the 5 Shades are as follows: White, Grey, Green, Blue, Brown.
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown is a deep matte chocoalate-y brown shade. It’s very deep and dark. I like the shade a lot. It is much pigmented and needs a single swipe of color to easily show up on lids however after building up the shade, it gives you an intense finish and color. It will suit fair to medium skin tones very well however dusky skin tones have to make it work by covering pigmented eyelids with concealer.
Other brown kajals and eye pencils don’t show up on my waterline. This shows up really well and stays for pretty decent hours.
The texture is smooth, soft and creamy though not highly creamy. The application goes on smooth and doesn’t break during application. It does not tug or pull during the application.The formula is smudge proof and waterproof so it’s a complete yaayyy product according to me. It stays on my eyelids for 7-8 hours without budging or fading. On waterline it fades after 4-5 hours which according to me is really good. It doesn’t cause any irritation to my eyes.
The packaging is same like Eyeconic Black kajal, simple retractable, only at the bottom a blue strip has the shade name Brown. The packaging is same old and only the white kajal has an all white packaging which is quite nice and can be identified easily.
Swatches of brown kajal in natural light
The Good Things about Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown:
- Deep Matte Chocolate Brown shade.
- Soft and Creamy Texture.
- Formula is smudge proof and water proof
- Shows excellently on eye lids and on waterline as well
- Smooth application.
- Lasts really long on eyelids for about 7-8 hours.
- Doesn’t cause any irritation.
- Highly affordable.
The Bad Things about Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown:
- Does not fulfill the 10 hours claim.
- Will not show up well on dusky Indian skin tones
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
Do I Recommend: Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown is a beautiful matte dark brown shade which is perfect for any time of the day. It is very much pigmented and stays for really long hours. Due to a very economical price it is a must have for college going girls. I really recommend you to get this kajal.
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Le Khol Portofino Blue
- Mac Smolder Eye Kohl Review
- MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner Designer Purple Swatches, Review
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencils Reviews and Swatches: Flirty Turq, Prunella, Coal Mine
- 8 Coloured Eye Liner Pencils in India: Makeup for Teenagers and Beginners
- Rimmel London ScandalEyes Precision Micro Eyeliner Swatch, Review
Have you used Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown? Share your reviews with us.