Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick Nude Glow Review
By Contributor: Vidhi
Lakme is a brand that you find everywhere (not to mention even in a stationary store), it recently launched its new range of shades for Kareena Kapoor Signature Collection of Absolute Gloss Addict which filled me with an urge to try them out! When I rushed to the store to only find that NOT ALL COLOURS ARE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE (yes it’s kind of irritating to know they don’t stock them all) Today I will review Gloss Addict Nude Glow from the same Lakme Absolute range.
Lakme claims: Join the gloss revolution! Get addicted to the best of both worlds – Incredible hi-shine of a liquid lip gloss & one stroke application of a lipstick. Introducing Lakmé Absolute Gloss Addict: Created by backstage Experts at Lakmé Fashion Week for Runway-Ready lips in 15 Glamorous Shades! Lakmé Reinvent. Professional High shine in a single stroke application
Shades Available: Nude Glow, Red Delight, Flaming Orange, Very Berry, Pink Passion, Orange Candy, Pink Temptation, Plum Perfect, Bare Beige, Candy Pink, Berry Rose, Coral Lustre, Desert Rose, Coffee Shot & Pink Wink.
With so many shades not in stock the confusion was what to buy from the only shades available (because I have stocked different pinks, reds & plum shades of various lipsticks) then I thought why not choose a Nude Lipstick for the formals (and also for the day when I want to show I have neutral makeup on my face). It was for 800 bucks (ahem ahem I don’t know since when lakme started charging so high as I buy only 9 to 5 range which is just for 400 bucks)
I really liked the transparent cover which makes it easy to know which colour is it (than opening the caps of all lipstick and finding out that the last one was the one you wanted to apply). It gives sheer coverage and is glossy and moisturizing (it doesn’t chap your lips) but it wasn’t late to find that the colour makes me look pale. And doesn’t stay after meals and without having any meal it lasts for not more than 2 hours (2 hrs is a round off figure I came up with)
There are wonderful shades in L’oreal and Revlon for nude shades for our dusky Indian skin and they are totally worth the price. Just in case if you love splurging you can go with MAC because those have better staying power as well as pigmentation. Lakme 9 to 5 range will also give you better shades in nudes than this one! Consider Coffee Command and Tea Break from the nine to five range .
Reasons to Buy Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick Nude Glow:
- It moisturises your lips
- Girls with a thing for gloss can buy this as one doesn’t need to apply gloss over it
- Transparent cap so one can easily see through for the shade
- It glides on smoothly without giving a buttery feeling
Reasons NOT to buy Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick Nude Glow:
- Not worth the price
- Staying power is very bad (if you have a meal after applying then it doesn’t even stay for 5 mins)
- It does not give a smooth finish to lips
- One can apply it with (only) bare minimum makeup
- Even the girls who swear by nude colours won’t like it
- Close up of this shade on lips looks pathetic
Price: Rs 800
VNA Rating: 2/5
Will I buy it again?
Do I Recommend? Straight no no for this! (No doubt about it). It has pros but seriously better buy a lip balm to keep your lips hydrated and the flaws make me feel my 800 got totally wasted (I will only use it as lip balm and I am so not going out applying this), better buy nude lipsticks of other brands. Hope you find my review helping!
- Street Wear Color Rich Lipsticks Pink Persuasion, Pink Pirouette, Party Melon
- Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick Orange Icon Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease Less Creme Lipsticks
- NARS Heat Wave Semi Matte Lipstick Review
- NYX Addis Ababa Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- Best Colorbar Lipsticks for Indian Skin