There are some matches which are made in heaven like…
India weddings and jhatak and dhinchak
Winters and Layering,
Twilight and Girls,
Late nights and Maggi,
Indian girls and Kajal (kohl)
But if I’ve to name a match which is sure to head for a divorce than it is:
Winters and Powder blushes. They just don’t go together. No compatibility.
And if I had my way, I would never use any powder blush be it summers or winters. I just use them to finish them up! I usually stock up on cream blushes but the recent addition to my vanity is the Inglot AMC Liquid blush.
I find myself reaching for this particular blush all the time. Whether I’m getting ready for a date, family dinner or a casual day out with friends, it never fails to impress me.
The shade I got is #81 which is the lightest of all the shades. I was quite unsure of the shade at first since it looked pink (you know me- not a pinky pinky girl
) in the bottle but when I swatched them all at the store, I knew this was the shade I was looking for. Why? I’m collecting all the no-make up look
essentials and proud to declare I’ve found the blush to go with it. Just 4 dots and I’ve the most natural flush that looks “born with it
“. 4 more dots and I’ve with a healthy nude pink flush. You can layer it to go deeper. So, it can work as both both as a day and night time blush depending on how you wear it.
It looks like a cheek tint but easier to work with. While trying it for the first time I over did it and no amount of powder could hide my too much rosy cheeks…eeks!
- As the name suggests, the blush has this thin liquid consistency which makes it very easy to blend. You can either use a kabuki or a stippling brush to blend it but I prefer to use my fingers. Non-streaky.
- It dries to a matte finish. No dewiness of cream blushes. But that is what makes it apt for that naturally there look.
- It serves as a nice base for powder blushes and make them last longer.
- Plus it comes with a pump so that makes your task easier and you can easily travel with it. Although the bottle is very tiny but you only need a pea size amount for a cheek. Make sure to pump a very very little quantity at first.
- You know I’m an innocent sensitive-oily but it works nicely with my skin. No oiliness, break outs or irritations.
The only issue I’ve with it that it will enhance any acnes you have on your cheeks so you cannot wear it all alone. I normally pair it with my beloved Ponds TM
and Lakme Invisible foundaton
. Also the lasting power is okay. May be some 4-5hours but I’m guessing it will stay on for longer with a primer.
And this is the swatch where its totally blended
This is how I normally wear it..barely there
And the 15ml bottle is so tiny..have a look
Even though its very tiny, I doubt if I would be ever able to finish it up since I use a pea size amount every time.
Price- Rs.995($20) Last year it was priced at around Rs.695($12) *hiccup!* You listen to me Inglot, you raise your price any higher and I’m heading to MAC.
So is it for you? Yes I strongly recommend it to every one. Its liquid, blends well, doesn’t look cakey, shimmer-free..what’s not to love? It will not last you the whole day but you can always touch up since its non-streaky. I will repurchase but first I want to try the MUFE HD liquid blush.
PS- I now have a google+ page. Since the GFC gadget is soon going to be phased out, I request each one of you to follow me there to be in touch.