Top Beauty Tips and Home Remedies on How to Protect Fair Skin from Sun Damage
Can you imagine a life where you can eat and stay slim, spend and be rich, love and never been hurt and stay out and still maintain your fairness? Well, I cannot promise about the first three, but when it comes to skin hygiene and melanin control, I can offer you some help! I have to step out almost every day in Sun? How do I still maintain my fair skin? I feel that we are on the wrong side of the Equator. Hence, the weather here is never good or soothing for a great complexion. Especially for women who step out really often, it is tough to maintain optimum levels of fairness without tanning. I will share the best beauty tips and home remedies for sun protection.
A bright fair skin is probably the most desired attribute in Indian sub continent. Even when I turn towards my TV channel to watch a Pakistani show, I see and figure out their standards of beauty. Yes glow and fairness is one of them. The most desirable women across the border are very, very fair. Keeping the stereotypes away and ignoring the Loud Feminism, if you are blessed with fair skin, won’t you maintain it? Would you like to spoil it? Or give away your complexion to the great Sun God? No, for sure. This brings me to the next question, how do you protect your skin and complexion from sun rays naturally. We all know sunscreen is not enough. And we can’t avoid the sun. So here are some tips and tricks to protect your skin from sun tanning or reverse the effects of sun damage.
Tips on How to Protect your skin from Sun Rays Naturally?
1. Avoid the sun as much as you can. If you can avoid stepping out in the torrid heat, do so. I have ditched Lajpat Nagar and Hauz Khas and prefer to shop online. Not because I have to say something about Sun tan, but because I feel avoiding the frequent leisure trip is okay, given the fact that my skin is extremely sensitive to Sunlight.
2. Secondly, if you have to step out, do so before ten in the morning when the sun rays are not harsh. The schedules can always be made and handled accordingly.
3. Thirdly, do not forget to put on your shades and scarf. Scarves are the best when it comes to protecting your necks, arms, hands, ears, etc from sunlight.
4. Avoid using perfumes before going out in the Sun as psoralen present in perfumes can combine with sun light and damage your skin permanently.
5. After swimming in the pool in sun, ensure that you take a shower. Chlorinated water hastens the tanning process.
6. Do not forget that sunscreen. Yes, never ever. And wear spf 50 always.
Home remedies on protection from sun damage:
1. Rose water with sandalwood-Mix the two, form a paste and apply it on your face. This will clean your face and also reverse the tanning effects from sun damage.
2. If you have forgotten to apply sunscreen, apply natural aloe vera gel on your face once you get home to reverse the effect of sun burn or sun spots.
3. Turmeric mixed with Yoghurt helps in getting rid of tan and also retains the elasticity of your skin.
4. Curd with gram flour/wheat flour makes an excellent remedy for sun burns and pigments.
5. Fresh juice can be applied on the face as well. It gives a fresh look and cleans the face immediately. Make sure that you use unstrained juice, which is without sugar or salt.
6. Tomato pulp can be applied to the face directly as well. It not only absorbs the excess oil, but also regulates the circulation of blood.
7. Honey, combined with curd or lemon juice, will kill any blemish, tan or skin pigmentation bothering you. It has healing properties and is known as a cleanser.
8. Gram flour, Turmeric, Yoghurt and Tomato form a great team! Mix all of them in proportion, apply a paste on your face and see a fairer you in minutes.
Use the following kitchen remedies individually for removing sun tan:
1. Coconut oil on your face for tanning.
2. Rose water as a toner
3. Aloe Vera Gel to soothe sun burns.
4. Chick Pea with curd (for dry skin) paste
5. Wheat flour and milk (for oily skin) paste
6. Sugar and Lemon syrup
7. Buttermilk – use it for washing your face and reverse sun tan.
8. Drink Coconut water
9. Gram flour, Orange juice and Milk cream – This paste will help you in removing tan. It also helps as a Bleaching agent.
Super Foods that will protect your fair skin from Sun Rays:
I have been using lacto calamine lotion to avoid sun tanning. It works well. Apart from treating your skin regularly, a must do thing during summers is to change your diet intake. Switch to a vegetarian diet if possible. Vegetarian food helps the body in retaining the optimum temperature. Meats need a lot of energy to be broken subsequently, and hence produce a lot of heat internally, which makes it tough for any external agent to change the appearance of skin.
1. Eat salads; include onions as they are effective in bringing down the body temperature.
2. Lunch should ideally be accompanied by buttermilk or curd. If you are calorie conscious, drink buttermilk. It purifies the liver, regulates the circulation of oil in the body and also cools the skin against sun damage.
3. As mentioned before coconut water is great if you are already out in the Sun. It is natural, free of fat and activates the enzymes well. It is known to have superb cooling qualities. In fact, you can always apply coconut oil on any rash or sun burn to diminish its appearance.
4. Papaya, oh yes! My summer buddy. Papaya is known as the healthiest food in the world. Papaya juice immediately takes the tan off, is recommended for diabetics and is considered very helpful in weight loss. Papaya is a rich source of Vitamin C, hence will give you enough anti oxidants.
5. Switch to Herbal Tea or Green Tea and avoid Coffee. You still need to keep your skin hydrated. Continue to apply a good body lotion, albeit a light one.
6. Smoking and consuming Alcohol in excess can retard the circulation of Oxygen and make your face appear tanned. Avoid.
7. Drink water. Not beyond your limit. But drinking a glass of water immediately after waking up will keep the glow intact.
8. Include sprouts in your diet.
9. Try to eat boiled and steamed food once a week. Khichdi and Idli are good options for dinner. You can also try porridge.
10. Smoothies are known aides in detoxification of the skin. Go for Strawberry and Banana smoothies whenever you can.
We need to be a little strict with ourselves if we really want to see desired changes. Summers are almost here, and they usually remind us of dark skin, sun burns, sun tan, rash, sweat and dehydration. A change in diet will definitely change our lifestyle and hopefully for the better. Make friends with seasonal veggies. Summer veggies like Pumpkin, Guard, lady finger etc. are rich source of vitamins. Vitamins are the technicians which keep my skin flawless and healthy.
Just a small tip here, if you really want to maintain your fairness against sun rays, always count on fruits which are loaded with Vitamin C like Tomatoes, Papaya, Oranges etc. Vitamin C is known to be alkaline, and it is alkaline nature which helps the skin to retain its natural texture and glow. Just be patient and listen to what your skin has to say. If the skin is not responding well to any homemade remedies for sun protection, then try chemical creams. However, it is always suggested that the skin should be dealt with in the most organic and natural manner. These tips and tricks will definitely change the way you look at yourself and yes, the way world looks at you.
Benefits of Amla Juice for Skin
39 thoughts on “How to Protect your Fair Skin from Sun Damage: Tips, Home Remedies”
:) nice post nidhi
Great tips. Sunscreen and aloe vera gel are my staples in summer :)
Is the coconut oil for anti-tanning ???
No, it is known for its cooling and soothing properties but does not impact/reverse tanning. You can try Aloe Vera gel. Or maybe raw milk if your skin is oily! Good luck:-)
Nice post ! btw i’ve a question , can coconut oil remove tanning ? coz i use it at night to remove makeup !
It has cooling effects but anti tanning properties – no. It is a great cleanser though. You can try Aloe Vera gel as an anti tanning agent.
Great tips! You can also use tomato for removing tan. A good sunscreen will also help you to protect your skin from damages.
Wow. These are mind-blowing remedies for protecting skin. Always remembered sunscreen is must.
hi!,I love your writing very so much! share we communicate more approximately your article on AOL?
I need a specialist on this area to resolve my problem.
May be that is you! Having a look ahead to look you.
With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright
violation? My website has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it
is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know
any methods to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d truly appreciate it.
Definitely, what a splendid site and revealing posts, I will bookmark your website.All the Best!
Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is magnificent, as well as the content!
does lemon juice removes tanning alone?
also, I daily step in sun for 5 mins and i use umbrella will this protect my skin from tanning.
Lots of love thanks for all your beautiful remedies…
Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is great, let alone the content!
It is actually a great and useful piece of info. I am happy that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
Howdy! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!
Reading this information So iвЂ™m glad to express that IвЂ™ve a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed.
I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re incredible! Thanks!
Excellent post! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our website.
Hello, constantly i used to check web site posts here early in the dawn, because i like to learn more and more.
pct clomid cephalexin neurontin order sertraline wellbutrin get valtrex online buy valacyclovir without a prescription tamoxifen citrate nolvadex amoxil 500mg capsules estrace vaginal cream
Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this information. Today bloggers publish only about gossip and net stuff and this is actually frustrating. A good site with exciting content, that’s what I need. Thanks for making this website, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
Hello there. I discovered your blog by the use of Google while searching for a similar matter, your site got here up. It appears to be great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to visit then.
What blog websites would certainly benefit a small business in floral and presents?
Whats Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & aid other customers like its aided me. Good job.
post was great. I don’t realize who you might be however certainly you’re going to a famous blogger in case you aren’t already.
Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish only about gossip and net stuff and this is actually frustrating. A good site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thank you for making this website, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is really annoying. A good web site with exciting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this website, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
At this time I am ready to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming yet again to read other news.
generic plaquenil 200 mg for sale
Order Irbesartan Amneal for treat Hypertensive
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.
I really like and appreciate your blog post.
Thanks so much for the blog post.