Review, Swatches and Price of Himalaya Herbals Strawberry Shine Lip balm
By Contributor: Rini
When I saw a few parcels sitting on my table, after coming back from college, I was damn excited! One of them was a parcel from Himalaya Herbals, and the other were my birthday gifts… I c annot wait to review all the Himalaya products I got. I got five products and today I am reviewing and swatching the Himalaya Herbals Strawberry Shine Lip balm
Himalaya Claims: Get glossy shine, soft and supple lips with our petroleum-free lip balm, formulated with vegetable oils, which is free from preservatives. Strawberry seed oil, a rich anti-oxidant, conditions and moisturises lips. Apricot Kernel oil soothes chapped lips. Provides long lasting moisture and protection, leaving a delicate hue of strawberry. Free from: Petroleum, Artificial Colors, Preservatives.
I have been so busy using Maybelline baby lips and Lotus herbals lip therapy that I never cared to try out the Himalaya lip balms. Now that I am using the Strawberry Shine balm, I can see that Himalaya Herbals manufactures decent lip balms.
Strawberry Shine comes in the classic, twist-up, plastic packaging. As the name indicates, the lip balm looks very red. Redder than the color of strawberries! It has got a yummy, strawberry flavour.
I have used it 5-6 times till now. I applied it on my lips for 3 consequent nights and I feel that it is better as a night-lip-treatment-balm. Upon application, the lip balm leaves a subtle red color on the lips. With multiple swipes, the color can be darkened a bit. It is a bit difficult to glide the lip balm on lips. May be because it does not have petroleum jelly. It feels a little sticky on the lips. It does not feel heavy or something but I keep having the feeling that I have something sticky on my lips.
However, Himalaya Strawberry Lip balm wins it all in the moisturising and healing aspects. It has the ability to heal severely chapped lips overnight. But again, there is a thing which bothers me. The lip balm is highly breakable. It is super delicate and tend to get bent or broken even at the slightest pressure. Oops!
Pros of Himalaya Herbals Strawberry Shine Lip Balm:
- Budget friendly.
- No Petroleum, No Artificial Colors, No Preservatives.
- Lasts 6-8 hours on the lips.
- Heals and moisturises dry and chapped lips properly.
- Gives a subtle red tint.
Cons of Himalaya Strawberry Shine Lip Balm:
- Packaging is not strong.
- The lip balm is over-delicate.
- Gives little sticky feeling on lips.
Price: Rs. 120 for 4.5gm
VNA Rating: 3.5/5
Conclusion: It is an okay-okay lip balm. Though it is very moisturising and healing, it is difficult to glide it properly on the lips because of its delicate nature. Still, all of you should try this out if you are having chapped lips and need some subtle red tint as well.
- L’Oreal Color Riche Pure Reds Star Collection Lipsticks
- Faces Ultime Pro Lip Creme Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Creme Lipstick Coral Craft
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease Less Lip Balm Rose Affair
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease Less Lip Balm
- Clinique Chubby Stick Super Strawberry Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm
- Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Sultry
- Best Lip Balm for Matte Lipsticks
- Best Tinted Lip Balms in India