I always find myself in the under dressed clan at parties. Even if I try, you’ll never see me heavily embellished like a christmas tree. Again, I am not fussy about my outfits, nor will you ever find me planning my attire months in advance, something my girlfriends are perfectly capable of! But this time around things changed, it was my sister’s wedding last week and I went all out! And why not, I was the bridesmaid after all. The celebrations kicked in and got me in such a festive mood that I had to try the #FestiveFever box sent by L’Oreal Makeup Designer Paris.
This was of course another excuse to get all dolled up for Diwali. I’ve seen 5 stunning looks created with this kit alone. I am going to try to keep it very soft and wearable so you can carry the look through the day going into the night. It is going to be very simple, so everybody can achieve it. Trust me, you don’t have to be an expert for this one. So let’s get started:
1. Prep up your base. I usedL’Oréal Paris Infallible foundation. It has medium coverage so you can skip your concealer during the day.
2. Next I applied the soft champagne shade from L’Oreal Paris La Nude Palette Rose all over my lid and the inner corners of my eye.
3. Taking the warm brown shade from the same palette, define your crease and blend, blend and further blend.
4. Then I took the L’Oreal Gel Intenza black eyeliner to tightline my upper lash and line my lids.Next create a soft wing, no precision needed as we are going to smudge it all out.
5. Now take the L’Oreal Le Smoky pencil in the colour green and line over the gel liner we used earlier. Using the smudger on the other end of the pencil, lightly smearthe liner to create a soft smoky effect. Finally, line your eyes very lightly with the green pencil to complete the eyes.
6. Next take the L’Oreal Le Smoky pencil in black to line your waterline and smudge it lightly.
7. Take the L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara and go crazy with the lashes. The length and volume this mascara gives is beyond awesome.
8. Now for the cheeks, apply the L’Oreal Blush in Sunset Glow. Taking the lighter shade from the blush, highlight your cheek bones as well.
9. I decided to keep the eyes very soft with a hint of green because we are going to go bold with the lips. I used one of my favourite red lipsticks,L’Oréal Pure Scarleto.
10. For my nails I’ve used L’Oreal Le Vernis Red Tote.
And we are all done! I personally don’t like using crazy amount of products but instead prefer sticking to a selected few. This L’Oreal makeup kit comes in handy to create all sorts of festive looks. I hope you liked my easy festive makeup tutorial. If you want swatches of the shades, then keep an eye on my Snapchat (id: vanitynoapology) where I will be doing mini videos and swatches from the kit.