Review, Swatches, Price, Buy Online FACES Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow Quad in shade Captive 01
By Contributor: Aditi
Eye shadows are my jam, like legit I am one of those who don’t give a damn in walking out to KFC with a crazy smoked out eye shadow on my eyes. Not every time, but when I am feeling crazy. Today I have an eyeshadow quad from new FACES range to review and swatch called the Glam On Perfect Color Quad in shade Captive. I am a person who is a die hard fan of drugstore liners, but for eyeshadows I never have turned to the drugstore. Because I always thought that the drugstore eyeshadows are not going to work for me. But faces with the eyeshadow shade selection that they offer, have pushed me to give a second thought to my thinking (is that even a phrase..??)
Faces Claims: accentuate your eyes as FACES Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow now comes in expertly coordinated shades to match any complexion. Ranging from sophisticated nudes, ethereal gold and dreamy pinks, to party purple, cool blue and sultry black. These four-tint quadshave been carefully selected to create the most dramatic looks. It is lightweight with a smooth creamy texture and excellent blending properties. Formulated with special toners for that long-lasting hold, Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow is also preservative free making it completely safe to use.
Shades Available: Captive, Fantasize, Smokey, Mesmerize
My Review of Faces Eyeshadow Quad Captive:
PACKAGING: I love the packaging on faces eyeshadow quad, it is so sturdy, travel friendly, made of sturdy plastic, black in colour. The compact has an inbuilt mirror, which is of really good quality and of course has four eyeshadow housed in here, comes with a tiny brush with double sides: one a foam tip and other a brush.
Texture: I haven’t tried much of drugstore eye shadows, but even though the texture of these eyeshadows feel tad different, they almost have a baked texture. Like the ones from mineralise finish from MAC. The glam on color eyeshadow feels utterly soft, buttery to an extent they feel like cream to powder formulation, even though they are not. I also noticed it is one of those eyeshadows that swatch darn good on your hand, but when it comes to actual application on the eyes, they kind of need to be built up a lot in order to make them stand out. So for the gold shade in my eye makeup look, I had to go on 4 or more times to actually build up the intensity. Also I forgot to mention, these are all metallic shades, but I would hve appreciated if one of the browns in here could have been a creamy matte, so I could be more comfortable while doing my crease.
PIGMENTATION: as I mentioned above, they swatch like amaze balls on the hand, but aren’t as intense on the lids, the swatches you see are a single swipe on bare hands, where as on the eyes I had to pack on 4 or 5 times for the intensity.
SHADES: Faces Captive Quad consists of four shades
- A metallic cool toned bronzy brown
- A metallic cool toned gold (it is very uncommon for me to find a gold shade , that is cool toned and doesn’t have an orangey or beige undertone)
- A warm true copper colour, also metallic in finish
- A neutral toned rose gold, almost leaning to a pink I would say, really pretty with a metallic finish
These colours don’t have a name to them individually, so I kind of gave them 1234 (I know , lame me)
STAYING POWER: Without primer these glam on eye shadows stay on for 3 SOMETHING hours, primer increases longevity by 2 hours or so.
PROS of FACES Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow Quad Captive:
- Nice shade selection
- The texture is creamy and has minimal fallout
- I really like the sturdy compact
- The plastic material is really good, and love that it has a mirror
- The price point is reasonable for the amount of product and the quality we get
- These shadows would make an easy every day neutral eye look
- The shades are perfectly coordinated with each other, one can create a complete look with only these four shades.
CONS of FACES Glam On Color Perfect Eyeshadow Quad Captive:
- The issue of not showing up that well on the eyes, is what really concerns me
- Also the intensity/shine could have been a little more as they are metallic finishes.
- At least one of the colours could have been matte, to tie up the look together
Price in India: Rs.599 (kudos)
VNA Rating: 3.5/5
Where to Buy Online in India: purplle.com
Overall: I would say it is a good option for starters, to learn how to work with eyeshadows.