Today I’m comparing my 3 favourite MLBB lipsticks. Being a fan of such neutral shades, I end up buying similar shades all the time. Its really irritating when all your lipsticks look the same and you run out of choices. So here is a comparison on such 3 neutral colours which have been quite poplular on the blogosphere.
Lakme Satin Enrich 129: The colour is one of its kind. Its a warm muted peachy pink brown colour. I’m at a loss of explaining the shade. Let’s say its mixture of peach and pink with hints of brown.
Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick ‘Bare’: Its truly an MLBB shade, more pink and less brown. A shade which really goes with the no makeup look. Nobody can tell you are wearing a lipstick when you wear it.
Maybelline Color sensational Lipstick ‘My Mahogany’: It is a universally flattering nudish light brown shade.
- The colour obviously. Its a beautiful peachy pinky neutral colour. Love!
- Pigmented after 2 swipes. Good for pigmented lips.
- Creamy and satin finish.
- Smells mildly of vanilla. Nothing over powering.
- The lasting power is roughly around 2 hours. Leaves no stain behind either.
- Old world packaging. Embarrassing to take out in the rest room!
- Average quality. Nothing good..but nothing bad either. Settles into lip lines.
- A great my-lips-but-better shade. Perfect for the ‘no makeup’ makeup.
- The finish is matte but is not drying. In-fact its a velvety matte, if that makes any sense!
- Glides on smoothly and easily.
- Goes opaque in a swipe. Good for pigmented lips.
- Lasts easily for 3-4 hours which is fantastic.
- Its the kind of shade you can wear to schools, colleges and gives a polished clean look to the lips.
- Its non-drying and very creamy.
- Glides on easily.
- Faint caramel smell but not over-powering.
- Lasts for around 2-3 hours and then fades away completely.
- Not pigmented enough to cover the discoloration on the lips. That makes it unfit for darker skin tones.
- Settles into lip lines.
21 thoughts on “War Of Lipsticks: Neutral Lipstick Colours”
I absolutely loved this post! learnt a lot from it :) thanks
nice post Ansh.. love such comparison type posts.. btw Bare is my fav out of the lot :)
I am Rajini Crazy rgt from my lkg days :D :P
I have My mahogany but these days I am using my Colorbar Nectar more often!
very nice comparison girl! i had the lakme one (gave it to mom ) and i now have bare and MM… both are quite nice and i reach out for them equally frequently…
waaa :'( am so desperately seeking my mahogany n bare for so long but its always out of stock :(
really nice post <3
Love both my mahagony and bare :)
I love 129 and my fav neutral shades are Twig from AVON ultra moisture rich and autumn rush from Maybelline color sensational! :)
@Raaga raaga i’m going to check nectar soon!
@Novice Makeup ya they are really pretty shades novice. why did you give lakme to ur mom? i cant!
@few unnecessary stuff arre order online na..
@bhumika totally bhumika!
@Coral Crue my pleasure coral :)
@GOLDEN FALCON i love autumn rush too anuradha..review soon :)
Omg, they all look the same shade to my naked eyes XD. Great post tho. ^_^.
@Vanity well, i had too many similar ones…. :)
nice lipstick shades!!!
wow great post…………. my mahogony and bare are i think alls’ fav…..
Great post!!! I’ve wanted to try Colorbar Velvet Matte ‘Bare’ but never did. Maybe I’ll pick it up today!!
Loved Bare the most and I loved the shade on you too!! It has just that rosy hint which looks flattering on our skin tone.
Nice post Ansh!
Great Post1 love these neutral lippies, the Lakme shade is looking very pretty, though I cant stand their waxy smell.. My mahogany is a cult classic!
am i the only one on who my mahogany was not flattering???? have tried bare and liked it…will check out the lakme one..and the packaging hehehe it does have an old world charm!!!!