e.l.f Studio HD Blush Headliner Review
By Contributor: Mamta
The weather here is so hot and all of my makeup melts off my face easily. Blushes are something that fades off most quickly on me, so whenever I want them to last longer I need to layer them, but not anymore as I have this amazing blush from ELF to take care of all my needs. These Studio HD blushes are very popular everywhere and rightly so as they are the said to be dupes of the Make Up For Ever HD blushes, but surprisingly are no less in any way.
ELF Claims: Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use. The Vitamin E enriched formula conditions and hydrates the skin for a healthy, radiant glow. Velvety soft, lightweight and highly pigmented color creates a long-lasting result for all day wear.
The HD blush comes in five beautiful shades, the one I have is headliner
It has a creamy liquid consistency but slightly on the thick side. Blending it is very easy, fingers work well but I prefer a stippling brush for perfect application. But if applied in excess one can look like a clown and blending can be difficult, so make sure to apply little at a time. Once applied it sets quickly almost to a powder finish and looks like skin, giving a very natural look. And hence dry skin has to be well moisturized before application. It does not have a dewy finish like cream blushes and hence is perfect for summers and oily skin. It is well suitable for all skin types in my opinion. It is intensely pigmented and you literally need a tiny dot for both cheeks trust me going overboard is very easy with it.It is best to press the pump with a very light hand or else it dispenses too much product.
On my combination oily skin it stays intact for 8-9 hours or until I remove it, with this one you do not have to worry about re touching your blush or anything. They can also be used on lips , I tried it once and it worked well, but lips have to be well exfoliated prior to application or else it highlights the dry patches. I have this one from over 6 months now and it has dried out in the bottle slightly and has become a little thick, and also because it is a liquid blush it has a much shorter shelf life of only a year.
What I like about ELF Studio HD Blush Headliner:
- Perfect everyday shade
- Dupe for Make Up Foe Ever HD Blush Nip Slip
- Suitable for all skin types
- Simple and functional packaging
- Intensely pigmented
- Little goes a very long way
- Last for almost whole day on cheeks
- Can be applied on lips as well
- Blends easily if applied in right quantity
- Steal for the price
What I don’t like about ELF Studio HD Blush Headliner:
- Blending can be tricky at first especially for beginners
- If not used with a light hand pump dispenses more product
- Blending has to be fast as it sets very quickly
- Lips have to be well prepped before application
- When applied with fingers it slightly stains them, but the stain comes off easily
- Not available in India yet
Price: $3 excluding shipping
VNA Rating: 4/5
Dupes: MUFE HD Blushes and Inglot Liquid Blushes
Do I recommend? Elf Studio HD Blush Headliner is a nice pink shade. The formula and application is not very beginner friendly and slightly tricky, but once you get hold of it there is nothing more natural looking and long lasting like it. And on top of everything it comes at a great price so I definitely recommend it!
- MAC Mocha Matte Blush Review
- Proper Way to Apply and Choose Blush for Your Face Shape
- theBalm Hot Mama Blush Review
- MAC Harmony Blush Review
- MAC Melba Powder Blush Review
- MAC Pink Swoon Sheertone Blush Review