Do It Yourself Colourful Leopard Nail Art Design: Step by Step tutorial
You remember my post on Cosmo India feature. They asked me to do a nail art for them for the Real Girl issue they do every year. I still can’t believe I’ve not shown you proper photos. Actually I got my hands on the copy around mid-july. Cosmopolitan is always sold out everywhere in Delhi! And boy you can’t find a single copy in Kerala too. Sailor went on this “locate cosmo” mission one weekend but nope the book sellers instead recommended “sahab GQ le lo….isme zyada achhi photu hoti hai”. Yep. So I had to send him a copy from here which apparently was the last piece in the store.
And now everywhere I look I can spot the exact design on girls in my college and even on internet. I feel so good to have inspired so many nail art enthusiasts and even beginners. I know the design is not something new but let’s just pretend for my sake okay!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial with photos on the nail art:
Tools required: Assorted nail paints, a black nail polish, top coat and base coat, a toothpick.
Here are the steps:
1. Apply base coat and paint your nails with any bright colour. I’ve used a yellow nail polish for the tutorial.
2. Wait for the polish to dry and then use another bright colour to colour block. Make tiny little polka dots.
3. Using a toothpick, make black boundaries around the dots with a rough hand. You don’t need to be perfect here.
4. Now apply the top coat and tadaa you are done.
5. You can use different colours for each nail like I did.
Easy peasy Wednesday Mani!