Best Kajal in India: Lakme Eyeconic vs Maybelline Colossal vs L’oreal Magique Review
Its battle time on VNA tonight. Because I’m craving to watch Rise of Empires and I can’t find a companion to go out with. The boys in my class have seen it already and the girls are not interested. Only my brother is left and he won’t go out until his 12th boards finish (his whatsapp status reads “Mission SRCC”. My a**) So let’s do a spoof! Okay don’t run away please. You noticed I was posting kohl reviews back to back? Because a comparison post was in order and the warriors are the three popular budget kajals in India: Eyeconic Kajal by Lakme, Colossal Kajal by Maybelline
- Eyeconic: Blackest black of all three
- Colossal: The new 12hr formula has a bit of grey tone in it. Although its not noticeable but the zoomed in camera swatches pick up the difference. So its slightly less black though not much of a difference.
- Magique: A little less black but after layering you can’t see much of a difference.
Winner: Lakme Eyeconic
- Eyeconic: As I said in my review, its creamy and glides on smoothly without any tugging.
- Colossal: The texture is matte so although its not difficult to apply but not the smoothest out of the three.
- Magique: A cross between the two
Winner: L’Oreal Kajal Magique
- Eyeconic: Stays on all day on my upper line and for 5-6 hours on my waterline.
- Colossal: Almost similar
- Magique: Same
Winner: All three! I don’t know why but all these kajals have similar staying power on me
- Eyeconic: Never smudges on me
- Colossal: Doesn’t smudge much either
- Magique: Transfers a bit so weakest out of three
Winner: Lakme and Maybelline
Swatches from left: Kajal Magique, Eyeconic, Colossal
Packaging: I dunno why I am even talking of it! It doesn’t matter honestly but Colossal stands out in my kohl collection. I’ve 10-12 kohl pencils right now and it definitely saves me some time.
Winner: Maybelline Colossal
Price: Rs.199 for Eyeconic, Rs.175 for Colossal and Rs.245 for Magique
Considering they all are pretty much similar, Maybelline offers the lowest price and hence wins the budget category pricing.
And the best Kajal is: Lakme Eyeconic Black! I love how its super easy to use and lasts a long time without any smudging. But my friends and a lot of girls I know use Maybelline Colossal. Maybe because its the oldest and people don’t experiment much after they have found their HG Kohl. But ofcourse its not the same with beauty bloggers! I don’t repurchase a product even if its the best one out there because I get bored easily and the new launches tempt me to experiment. But in this case I have finished 2 pencils of Eyeconic so yes definitely a repurchase for me.