Review, Swatches and Price of Coloressence Blusher Peach SH 2
By Contributor: Vaidehee
Hey you guys! So in my series of coloressence products reviews, the next up impulse-buy I wanted to review and swatch was the coloressence Blush in peach (Sh-2)
Packaging: It comes in a very chic black plastic pot, with a see through top! It’s pretty, non-messy, functional , all in all, great packaging.
Pigment and consistency:
Im used to reaching for matte and cream blushes, so this was uncharted territory for me, but since New year’s is coming up i wanted to stop being a wimp and get a shimmery blush. The pigment is really dense, but ends up sheering out on your face, which in a blush, is always a good thing, unless you’re going for the clown-esque vibe . Also, it’s bloody iridescent so you might not want to put too much on. Now , the texture itself is a little powdery, slightly more on the eye shadow side in terms of consistency. Which i guess, might bother some people who are used to cream finishes perhaps?
They have 3 variants of this online, brown , a rosey-pink, and a gold toned-peach shade, i got the peach (Sh-2), because peach is slightly more universal, and looks oh-so- gorgeous with olive indian skin tones. It’s something that looks great on just about everyone. It’s a very warm colour, which ends up slightly bronzing you up. (So no way in hell should you ever mix this with cool toned makeup! )
In general, powder blushes don’t have a great track record with their staying power.This isn’t an exception, it stays on for about 3 hours to 4 hours, which is pretty average. It’s just the way that the texture is formulated. If you want powder blushes to last longer , apply a dense moisturizer first, and then go over it with the blush.
Things I Loved about Coloressence Blusher Peach SH 2:
- The shimmer in it gives a lovely illuminated finish and flash- photographs beautifully, which is perfect for the festive season. (New years, anyone?)
- The pigmentation is pretty good. You don’t need a whole lot to get some colour going! (Unlike the maybelline cheeky glow)
- The packaging is lovely. Coloresence packaging reminds me of MAC for some reason!
- The price is rock-bottom reasonable!
- It looks great as an eye shadow. There’s No creasing, It Lasts a long time as an eye shadow topper, and it’s beautifuly iridescent.
Things I Hated about Coloressence Blusher Peach SH 2:
- It’s a powder blush, so the staying power isn’t as great. That goes for most powder blushes though.
- The consistency is a little too powdery for my liking, it’s almost like an eye shadow. I’m a little too used to cream blushes.
Price: Rs.220 if you buy online, ofcourse, there’s almost always a discount. Considering blushes retail from around 500 bucks – 700 bucks at the drugstore (with the exception of maybelline cheeky glow) , this was a bargain!
VNA Rating: 4/5
VERDICT? I do love this range to death, but if you’re not into powder blushes, and you want something that lasts a whole while, looking elsewhere might be a better idea. Although, as for me, for an everyday thing, considering the price and the fact that i’m a typical gujju , i will stick with the coloressence Blushes.
- Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Face Wash
- Beauty and Makeup Products 2014
- Nomarks Neem Face Wash
- Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick
- NYX Round Lipsticks for Indian Skin Tones
- MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
- Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Ageing Serum
- Eco Tools 4 Piece and 5 Piece Brush Set
- Kajals and Kohl Pencils Available in India
- Himalaya Herbals Strawberry Shine Lip Balm