Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick All Fired Up: A Red Lipstick
By Contributor: Aarvi Sharma
I was looking for a red lipstick since forever under 300bucks and my hunt ended with Colorbar USA – All Fired Up. I fell in love with this lipstick with the first swatch. Its creamy in texture and gives a matte finish but has this pink undertone to it. It’s a lovely color and I am kinda obsessed with it now. I want to wear it every day!
It does not feel heavy on your lips when you wear it since the texture is smooth and light. Also, it is a lot pigmented. It gives a creamy yet matte finish. The shade looks so rich on the lips. When you feel lazy apply just one swipe of all fired up with winged cat eyeliner, a little blush and you are set to go. This lipstick is great for those lazy days when you
Red is a bold color to carry and red lips indicate your confidence and dominance. In early days I was not confident enough to wear red lip shades. And this is a perfect lipstick to start off with. I started with this red lipstick and now I feel confident enough to wear red lipsticks everyday! This shade is somewhat in the same degree with MAC ruby woo lipstick. (For a cheaper price)
Some “Bold” and Tempting points:
- It is super duper pigmented.
- Price is very reasonable.
- Does not bleed, smear or smudge.
- It has a smooth and creamy texture being matte.
- It never feels heavy.
- Nice silver-transparent packaging. The shade colour at the bottom helps you to find it in your stash.
- Staying power up to 4 to 5 hours
- Just one swipe and you are done. The colour is THAT intense.
Some Repelling points:
- Well I couldn’t think of any major cons. But yes only one thing, it’s not a true red shade. It could give the appearance of slightly pinkish red in different lights.
Price: Rs.275 (I got it for 250, they raised the price recently but still you can buy it online for 250 or less)
Verdict: I’d LOVE to buy Colorbar All Fired Up again. It’s a great lipstick for this price range. If you are planning to buy a red lipstick with a humble budget, try out this one. You won’t be disappointed.
Comparable to MAC ruby woo lipstick, but this one comes with a pink undertone to it. Keep that in mind. Great lipstick for beginners.
Editor: Yep with the speed Colorbar is increasing its prices, everything is FIRED UP! Btw I’ve compiled a complete list of red lipsticks which flatter the medium to dark asian skin: 10 Best Red Lipsticks for Indian Skin. Seems like we need to update it!