Review of Clarins Instant Smooth Mousse Foundation in Shade 04
By Contributor: Sristy
I am not so much into mousse foundations. But since I have heard so much about this Clarins foundation, I always wanted to try it for once. Clarins offers a wide range of different shades in mousse foundations. As I have a fair skin tone, so I chose to go with the golden beige shade 04. Mousse foundations are particularly known for their matte finishing effect. So I bought this mousse foundation for its perfect matte finish. It’s been a month I have been using it and today I am sharing my review and swatches with you.
It comes in an opaque white jar with a silver screw lip thereon. A spatula is provided with this foundation to scoop out the desired amount of foundation. But being a careless girl, i don’t know where my spatula is?
Since there is no plastic separator provided, there are chances of leakage. Also the packaging is unhygienic, as every time you use it you need to dip your fingers into the jar. Also the jar is little heavy, so it’s not travel friendly and there are chances of breakage too.
The texture of the foundation is perfect. It’s not very thick as I thought. It is creamy and smooth. It blends easily. The best thing about it is its matte finish. It actually stands on its claims.
You do not need to apply a large amount of this foundation. A little is enough for one use. It stays on for 7-8 hours unlike other foundations. You do not need to reapply it. It is an ideal foundation for summer, as it is water resistant which makes it sweat resistant too.
The shade of the foundation is just amazing. It suits my skin well. I love using it. It covers my dark spots and pimple marks. It evens the skin tone. I wish it could diminish the pores of my face too.
Smell: pleasant and light
What is good about Clarins Instant Smooth Mousse Foundation:
- Sturdy packaging
- Hydrates the skin
- Suits almost all types of skin
- Shade is nice
- Blends easily and gives semi matte finishing
- Staying power is really good
- Hides the pimple marks and acne spots
- Brighten up the skin instantly
- Waterproof hence sweat resistant too.
- Creamy consistency
- Little amount is enough for applying on face and neck
- Doesn’t leave a white cast behind
- Spatula is given with the pack
- Smell is good
What is bad about Clarins Instant smooth Foundation?
- Less quantity
- Contains silicon, so not good for sensitive skin.
- Unhygienic packaging
- Not travel friendly
- Doesn’t fill up the pores
VNA Rating: 4/5
Will I recommend? Clarins Instant Smooth Foundation provides medium to heavy coverage. And the texture is very light. You can wear it all the time and every day. You will love its staying power and it photographs well. You all should give a try to this foundation. If the price tag doesn’t affect your budget then I will definitely recommend this to you.
- Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme Review
- Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliners
- Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Review
- Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum Review
- My Envy Box May Edition 2014
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease Less Lip Balm