|left: Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, right: Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for sensitive skin|
Those who have ever given a visit to a dermatologist know of the great miracles Mr.Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for sensitive skin has performed. Infact its so much prescribed by the dermos that now people straightaway get this instead of giving a huge sum to a dermo and then being prescribed this! While browsing one of the Indian shopping websites I came across this new version: Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser and my happiness knew no bounds. It’s like my Christmas wish was fulfilled!
Here is a brief on my experience:
- It really is made for oily skin. Takes away all traces of dirt and grease.
- Keeps oil away for 2-3hrs.
- Lasts really LONG. I ordered it in February/March I guess and it just got over last week. 5 long months!
- Lathers up nicely…..not madly but nice enough to make you feel its doing its job.
- I noticed a few zits after using it for a week. Then I decreased the quantity I use every time and it never again broke me out.
- I’ve sensitive skin and it works for me. So its for oily+sensitive skin.
- While the Cleansing Lotion doesn’t work on greasy and very oily skin, Oily Skin Cleanser does.
- The Cleansing Lotion is god sent for sensitive skin, Oily Skin Cleanser needs a little time to adjust to your skin and may break you out initially.
- The Cleansing Lotion doesn’t foams much and is more like a cleansing milk, Oily Skin Cleanser is gel based and foams nicely.
- The Cleansing Lotion is available everywhere but you across the Oily Skin Cleanser by sheer luck and god’s grace!
- The Cleansing Lotion is priced at Rs.135, the Oily Skin Cleanser is somewhere around Rs.235….I don’t understand why!
You can read my complete review on the Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for sensitive skin which I reviewed last year.
Some more photos and ingredients list:
|Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser Review|
|Cetaphil Cleanser ingredients|
Availability: Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion is available everywhere! But I got the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser from medplusbeauty.com. I think it was the last piece since its no longer available there. Out of India its easy available I think. Good luck! And if you find one then tell me too…please *puppy face*
Which one to go for? Both I say! I use the Cleansing Lotion in the morning and just before going to bed as a final rinse when my face isn’t too dirty. At other times I use the Oily Skin Cleanser. I’m a Cetaphil girl! But yes they work great as a team. If you have dry skin then also you can use the Oily Skin Cleanser since it isn’t too strong.