Avon Skin Goodness Color Corrector Cream Review
Do you remember the time when we used to have our own chemistry moment every morning? A lil bit of foundation, a lil bit of moisturiser, pea size amount of sunscreen and a drop of liquid lighlighter andddddd Chemical X. Okay no skip chemical X. I stopped doing this ever since BB or CC creams came in my life. Honestly they do make my life easier. And I love to try every new launch. You will go behossss if you ever see my base makeup collection! So the recent addition to my vanity is the new Skin Goodness Color Corrector or CC Cream by Avon which I will review and swatch today.
Avon Claims: AVON Skin Goodness Color Corrector Cream with SPF 50 PA+++ instantly correct uneven sk in tone and notice more radiant skin over time. Light breathable formula combines a high-performance skin care serum with color correcting pigments. Formulated with licorice and vitamin C, this beginsto fade dark spots and hyper pigmentation after just two weeks of use. Protects with SPF 50. Provides medium coverage.
Avon launched their CC cream in India in 2 shades: Nude and Medium Wheat. The former is meant for lighter skin tones..around NC/NW 15-25. The latter is for girls around NC/NW 30-40. I’m saying NW because it doesn’t yellow tones so the cooler skin tones might like it too. But yes the dusky Indian skin tones don’t have a match. Why!
The texture is runny which makes blending a lot easier. Fingers are fine for this one. It gives sheer coverage and hides the redness and uneven skin tone. So unless you have a very problematic skin this one is good for daily wear when you don’t want a heavy base. I generally top it off with a compact. I don’t have heavy dark circles so I skip concealer.
The finish is very smooth and semi-matte. I won’t call it dewy but it does give a nice glow to my face. It does control oil for sometime but I still set it with a compact and I’m good for 5-6 hours.
Swatches in natural light. Look at the area I applied. My arms are a little darker than my face but its a close match.
Pros of Avon Skin Goodness CC Cream:
- SPF 50 people! And not just that it gives PA+++ protection. True CC creams does carry a high SPF and I’m glad this one has it.
- The shade Medium Wheat is close to my NC40 skin tone. Not a bang on match ofcourse but close enough to be worn everyday.
- Covers up the redness and gives an even tone.
- Sheer coverage, just what I like for daily wear.
- Light runny texture which makes it super easy to blend.
Cons of Avon Skin Goodness Color Corrector Cream:
- It won’t suit dusky skin tones. Also the shade I have does not have yellow tones so it might turn up a lil grey or ashy on some. Though it adjusts to your skin after some time.
VNA Rating: 4/5
So is it for you? Avon Skin Goodness Color Corrector CC Cream is for all those girls looking for a light base which covers up redness and conceals minor flaws giving an even tone. The high spf is an added bonus. Do try this out to beat the hot Indian summers.
- Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Review
- Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream Review
- Best BB Creams in India
- Oriflame Skin Dream BB Cream SPF 30 Review
- Glam Up Powder Cream Review
- Lakme Complexion Care CC Cream Review