Reviews, Swatches, Shades, Price of Oriflame The One Colour Unlimited Long Wear Lipsticks in 8 Shades
No matter how many top rated lipsticks we have at the Juneja household, my mom still reaches out for the age old lipsticks in her vanity. In her defense the uber expensive lipsticks I have are very “high maintenance” and “in your face” which are not her thing while running the errands. You see my mom is very old fashioned in a lot of ways. Everything has to be easy, fuss free, quick and comfortable or she won’t use it (she still has the good old Nokia!) So I arranged all the 8 shades of new Oriflame THE ONE Colour Unlimited lipsticks nicely on the dresser to gauge her reaction. To my surprise she picked them up, looked at all the shades and wore one out! Let’s start with the reviews and swatches of the new Oriflame lipsticks which have got both mom and I hooked.
Oriflame Claims: Lightweight texture, enriched with a blend of oils and butters, for long-lasting comfort and moisture. Formulated with lip grip technology fastens lipsticks to lips anti-smudge ingredients so colour stays put comfortably. Expected to last up to 10 hours.
Shades Available: Absolute Blush. Always Cranberry, Pink Unlimited, Fuchsia Excess, Endless Red, Violet Extreme, Forever Plum, Mocha Intensity
Shades: The THE ONE
I like that these are buildable and no matter how many swipes you apply, it doesn’t get too creamy or patchy. My favourite shades from the lipstick range are Endless Red, Fuchsia Express, Violet Extreme and Forever Plum. A couple of shades have shimmer in them in case you are not a fan of frost finish lipsticks. I’ve described all the 8 shades in detail below so you can choose and pick your favourite shade.
Texture: The texture looks glossy at first when you apply the lipstick. But after 10mins it turns matte. So you get the best of both worlds. The application gets really easy due to the moisturizing lip balm like texture. You can skip lip balm with the lipstick as its hydrating on its own. Once set, it looks matte which I like.
Fragrance: The lipstick doesn’t bleed as expected from a glossy formula. They have this strong fruity fragr ance. I enjoy the scent in winters since everything around is so dull and meh. It fades away after sometime but you have a sensitive nose then you might need to smell them before buying.
Staying Power: The lipsticks surprisingly survive meals. That’s because of the semi matte finish they set to. But I do see some fading from the inner corners so you need to touch up. But if its just a coffee or drinks date then they would last without any issues. The more pigmented shades in the Colour Unlimited range like Endless Red and Fuchsia Express last for 5-6 hours while the lighter lot lasts for around 2-3 hours. So keep them handy in your bag for touch ups.
These lipsticks are a good option in winters if you are tired of dull stretchy lips yet don’t like super glossy lips. These are more of everyday kind of lipsticks due to the fresh shades and light texture. Highly recommend them to college girls and working women.
Swatches from left to right:
1. Oriflame Endless Red:
My favourite colour from the entire range! Its a happy red shade with orange undertones. Also its the most pigmented shade in the Colour Unlimited lipstick range. Medium to dark Indian skin tones will absolutely rock this lipstick.
2: Oriflame Fuchsia Express:
Its a warm bright pink which totally suits my NC 35 skin tone. Another favourite. Its a handbag staple now.
3. Oriflame Voilet Extreme:
Pure love in the winters! If you are scared of plum and berry toned lipsticks then give this a try. Its not in your face and gives just a hint of plum so might be a good starter colour.
4. Oriflame Pink Unlimited:
A light pink shade with coral tones. Might wash out the duskier lot but a good option for lighter skin girls.
5. Oriflame Absolute Blush:
True to the name, its a blush pink shade. More suitable for lighter skin tones. Cool skin toned women might like this a lot.
6. Oriflame Always Cranberry:
Its a warm muted brown everyday kind of shade with frost finish.
7. Oriflame Forever Plum:
A brown shade with berry undertones. Mom wore it the other day and looked absolutely gorgeous on her so she is keeping it!
8. Oriflame Mocha Intensity:
Its a mocha brown shade with golden shimmer. The only shade in the whole range with shimmer. Its quite a mature shade to wear and 35+ ladies might enjoy this.
Swatches in natural light: 3-4 swipes each
Pros of Oriflame The One Colour Unlimited Lipsticks:
- The texture is amazing. And magical. Goes on creamy and glossy and turns matte after setting properly. Sfter setting in, it looks more like a lip stain cheating your way to “natural” lips.
- They are very hydrating and moisturizing. You can skip a lip balm with these colour unlimited lipsticks.
- Very light weight and comfortable to wear so can be your daily wear lipsticks.
- Make your lips look fuller and healthier.
- The narrow and flat top bullets are actually easier to apply.
- Don’t need a lip balm.
- Survive meals but fade away from the inner corners.
Cons of Oriflame The One Colour Unlimited Lipsticks:
- The pigmentation of all the shades is sheer. You need to build up the intensity with 3-4 swipes to get some solid coverage.
- The deeper shades last for 5-6 hrs while the lighter shades last for 2-3 hrs.
- Strong fruity scent. Although it fades away after a while.
Price: Rs.499 each
VNA Rating: 4/5
So is it for you? If you want the moisture of a lip balm, colour of a lipstick and convenience of a lip gloss then Oriflame The ONE colour unlimited lipsticks are just made for you. These are fuss free, light and happy lipsticks good for use during the day. They make your lips look fuller and give that naturally stained effect to lips. Highly recommend.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Pop Pink Shock Lip Balm
- Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Lipstick Desert Rose
- NYX Round Lipsticks for Indian Skin Tones
- L’Oreal Color Riche Pure Reds Lipsticks
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Creme Lipstick Coral Craft
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Resilient Raisin
- Fall Winter Lipsticks for Indian Skin Tones
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick 220 Powerful
- Oriflame The One Eyeliner Stylo
- Oriflame The One Illuskin Foundation Review