Whats Wrong With Forever 21 Online Website in India and Shopping Tips
Yes yes this news has taken the fashion world in India by storm. Right from the 14yr olds to
30 21yr olds..everyone is excited. If you have been living under a rock then the latest news is that Forever 21 India has a brand new online website catering to the Indian audience. Yes no more spending heaps and heaps on Zara and Mango. Although I wonder how F21 manages to sell such cheap clothing. Is it because of the cheap labour in Asian countries or just economies of scale? Well lets keep this debate for later for now its time to discuss if its actually a good news? I don’t want to be a spoilsport but I couldn’t help but notice a few hiccups on the website which I gotta tell you girls. Also I’m listing down some tips to keep in mind and what all to buy if you don’t have a list already! 1. Shipping Free only above Rs.2500:
This is totally unfair. You get free shipping above 500 bucks on almost every India fashion and beauty website these days. And then you have shopping destinations like Flipkart who ship products for as cheap as Rs.40! Bohooo F21 you gotta change that. If your shopping cart is under 2.5k then be ready to pay 200 bucks of shipping and that too with a standard delivery option which takes a week or above to reach you. For express shipping you gotta shell out a huge chunk of money and no its not free no matter how big your order is. Tip: Combine your purchase with a friend to reach the payout
I love websites which ship all over India. The basic point of these big brands coming up with their online stores is that they get to reach a wider audience and not just the metropolitan cities where you already have the stand alone stores. So if Forever 21 refuses to ship to Bihar, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep and North Eastern States Territories then I don’t know what to say. The major cities in India already have loads of Forever 21 stores in their pockets so the basic point was to reach to a girl sitting miles away in..Shillong?
3. No debit cards or Internet banking!
What? Is this for real? 80% of Forever 21 customers are those loyal teenage girls who just refuse to admit that they aren’t a teenager anymore. Most of them are students who don’t carry credit cards yet and no you cannot ask your family to lend you one. You don’t actually tell your mom that you shopped until it reaches your door when she can’t deny the delivery! Right now they are only accepting credit cards.
Okay this one is personal. I’m actually quite heart broken while writing this. All those yummylicious pumps and sandals you see on their website are only available for sizes 6 and above. I’m a size 4 and went to the store this week to get myself a nude pair. Buuuht my size wasnt available in the entire store except for some ugly boots and chappals. I thought maybe the stuff is sold out but nope the website doesn’t show my size either. And its not that I have very tiny feet. May be Forever 21 doesn’t think we petites deserve pretty shoes.
5. Incomplete Stock:
Lastly the site is still under process so a lot of sections still don’t show all the stock available. Having been to three F21 stores in the last two weeks I know the collection like the back of my hand. So yup almost all the sections are under stocked. Hurry up people. Not all of us have the gift of patience.
Having said that here are a few things I do like about the Indian website:
1. You can exchange defected items at the store also. This includes mistakes done on the part of F21. Other than that you gotta exchange your order via mail only. And yes you bear the shipping charges.
2. Unlike most websites you can club more than one gift card in one order.
Anyhoo I’m still going to shop from the stores only.
My personal shopping tips:
1. Look for Love 21 items on their website. This is a contemporary line and targeted towards a more mature and sophisticated woman. So the quality of the material is expected to be better.
2. Think before you buy the crop tops! Most of the crop tops on their website are actually as tiny as saree blouses. Having tried them myself I know you cant wear them unless you are wearing super high waisted lowers.
3. The eyewear is actually pretty cool. They have everything right from round rim to cat eye. We had a super fun time while trying them out at the store.
4. Jewellery and accessories are quite good as usual. Do give this section a look.
Yes girls I am back from my blogacation. No I don’t want to be back..I want an extended holiday please! Sigh