Review and Swatches of Urban Decay Naked2 Palette
By Contributor: Samannita
The UD palettes should be name evergreen palettes. From the very first day of beauty blogging, I always dreamed of Naked palettes but never thought that these neutral palettes could be mine one day but today after 2 long years I see Naked, Naked2 and Naked3 finally sitting on my vanity table. I suppose it is time for me to retire! I have the UD palettes and don’t want anything else now afterall grabbing a Urban Decay is an achievement for bloggers. And Now I can see my name in that list of the lucky ones. Let’s start with the review and swatches and I’ve also done a look with it.
Urban Decay Claims: The most anticipated sequel of the decade! Our new palette is meticulously packed with 12 taupe-hued neutrals. The most anticipated sequel of the decade. Naked2 has 12 pigment-rich, taupe and greige neutral eyeshadows. Our palette proves once again, neutral is anything but boring, (and is downright sexy when worn Naked). Feast your eyes on our shades ranging from pale to deep, matte to sparkly. This collection lets you achieve lots of neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between. Let’s just say there’s a whole new way to get Naked!
The case has an art-school inspired look with hinged lid – taupe metal with embossed chocolate brown artwork. It’s smooth, modern and cool to the touch – a real tactile experience. Plus, our palette also features a travel-size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked, AND a double-ended, cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush (available only in this palette). Any self-respecting makeup lover will have to have both palettes to get their complete neutral fix. See more here
The palette comprises of 12 eyeshadows, 1 double-ended brush, 1 mini lipgloss and a wide mirror which is just perfect to apply the eyeshadows. The sleek school box packaging is easy to carry in a bag. The shades are awesome, superb pigmentation and the shades are just perfect for daily wear. Most of the shades are shimmery. Among the matte one I love mostly TEASE which is just perfect for crease while blackout is perfect to create a Smokey look. The shimmery shades have no fallouts at all and about the staying power of the eyeshadows, I have nothing to say..after all it is UD
The twelve shades are:
- Foxy- a pale colored matte
- Half Baked-a shimmery coppery brown shade
- Booty Call-a shimmery shade perfect as highlighting color
- Chopper-a shimmery copper shade
- Tease- matte greyish brown shade, with cool-toned
- Snakebite-a shimmery dark brown
- Suspect-a shimmery light brown shade which is cool toned.
- Pistol-a shimmery greyish-silver shade
- Verve-a light silver shimmery shade
- YDK-a darker brown with a mostly silver shimmer
- Busted-a shimmery dark grey
- Blackout-a matte black shade
The palette comes in a metal case which is really sturdy. The palette and the lipgloss are held together in a cardboard box that looks really compact. The brush that comes with it is really soft, fluffy and dense and I think it is appropriate for applying eye shadows.
The lip gloss that comes with the palette is a light pink color that looks almost opaque on my lips and it smells minty. I am not much into glosses so for now skipping that!
Swatches in natural light
My eye makeup look with it
How it looks on my eyes
Good things about Urban Decay Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette:
- Nice packaging.
- Has mirror and a brush that are perfect for application of eyeshadows.
- The palette contain versatile shades of neutrals that one need.
- Superb pigmentation.
- Staying power is also good.
- Sturdy case.
- Travel friendly palette.
- Contains both matte and shimmery shades
Now bad things about Urban Decay Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette:
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
Dupe: MUA Undress Me Too
My recommendation: Urban Decay Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette is great. Okay after the all goody –goody things and giving the palette a good rating here is a small confession. Yes I admit I love all my UD palettes but after grabbing all 3 I found that if you have naked original then I think you can skip this one. I know both the palette have different shades but after having all three I can say that in 1 and 2 most of the shades are similar so I think in case you want to invest in one then that should be Naked1 only unless you are a UD freak like me! I tried my best not to be not biased but honest regarding reviewing these eyeshadoows..they are so beautiful that anyone can get tempted and end up buying all 3 like me!
- Mac Plum Dressing Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review
- MUA 12 Shade Dusk Til Dawn Palette Swatches, Review
- Inglot Freedom System Satin Rainbow Eyeshadow 134: Review
- Lakme Absolute Drama Stylist Shadow Duos: Pink Wink, Blue Shadow, Lime Time
- MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette Swatches, Review
- Bourjois Paris Intense Extrait Eyeshadows 05 and 08 Swatches, Review