Nude Tude Eyeshadow Palette by thebalm Review
By Contributor: Samannita
The best thing to look with makeup is natural and when it comes to eyeshadows I think I can’t get enough of neutrals. Neutrals are for everyone, from fair to dusky skin tones, from beginners to expert makeup artists, etc So after having all UD palettes I still wanted to try thebalm palette. When thebalm was having some offers going, I immediately order nude ‘tude which I will review and swatch today through Ordermakeupuk or Shivani.
Thebalm claims: This amazing palette consists of 12 beautiful shadows that make wearing nudes sexy! These satiny smooth colors can be applied naturally, i.e. “let me slip into something more comfortable” or beautifully layered. The wide range gives you light highlighters as well as brazen bold shades that work to add definition and emphasis to your lids. Nude`tude allows you to dramatically dress up your eyes—if nothing else! BOTH VERSIONS OF THE NUDE`TUDE PALETTE CONTAIN THE SAME EYESHADOW COLORS.
The palette has a very nice vintage look. I guess its only the look that creates a difference in the packaging. The palette has two version “naughty palette” and “nice palette” having same shades, only there is a difference in name of one shade and that is Schitzo in nice palette where as seductive in naughty palette; I particularly like this girly look- so like naughty palette mostly. It comes in awesome n*de shade box with the nude ‘tude printed on the upper lid of the palette. The box and palette outer covers are just identical so you could mistake them two palettes! The lid of the palette is held tightly by a magnet. I found the palette is a little bit similar to UD Naked 1.
Nude ‘Tude Eyeshadow Palette includes:
- theBalm Sassy Eyeshadow- a frosty white shade perfect for highlighting brow bone.
- theBalm Stubborn Eyeshadow- beigey peach satin shade.
- theBalm Selfish Eyeshadow- a shimmery taupe satin shade.
- theBalm Sophisticated Eyeshadow- a olive-brown with gold microglitters.
- theBalm Sexy Eyeshadow- a matte burnt burgundy (my favorite!)
- theBalm Serious Eyeshadow- a matte black shade.
- theBalm Snobby Eyeshadow- a frosty champagne-gold shade.
- theBalm Stand-Offish Eyeshadow- a pigemented, frosty peach-beige
- theBalm Sultry Eyeshadow- a matte tanned brown shade.
- theBalm Seductive Eyeshadow- a satin bronze shade.
- theBalm Silly Eyeshadow- a matte deep brown with red & gold glitters shade.
- theBalm Sleek Eyeshadow- a matte chocolate brown shade.
- theBalm Shadow/Liner Brush
The shades are quite pigmented, stay for a long time without any primer. The pigmentation of the shades is awesome. All the swatches are single swipe. The palettes consists of both matte and shimmery shades. Among all the shades, I love sexy the most and found shade silly a bit annoying with chunks of glitters in it which has a lot of fallout. Only this particular shade has fallout whereas others are just perfect. And coming to the pigmentation the shade sultry has medium pigmentation, one has to swipe multiple times to get the actual color of the shade. I wore it in the morning at 10 am and rest of the day I didn’t go for any touch up but after coming home at 8pm I found the shade still intact, so staying power is very good. The shades are mostly satin in texture so very easy to blend.
Swatches in natural light
Here is my eye makeup look with it
Good points of theBalm Nude ‘tude Palette:
- The packaging is very girly with a bit of naughtiness.
- The packaging has got a vintage look.
- All the shades are neutrals, thus perfect for everyone.
- Awesome pigmentation.
- Good staying power.
- The shades are soft in texture.
The bad points of theBalm Nude ‘tude Palette:
- Availability is a big issue.
- Only one shade has fallout and another has less pigmentation.
Availability: you can get it from Strawberry.net, feelunique.com or from the official website
VNA Rating: 4/5
My Recommendation: theBalm Nude ‘tude Eyeshadow Palette is just a perfect neutral palette which has some pretty shades that will suit almost everyone. Thebalm offers discounts sometime so keep your eye on that site and if you get a chance like me then don’t doubt or think twice..just go for it girls.