Sleek i Divine Storm Eye Shadow Palette Swatches
By Contributor: Apoorva
This is my first ever eye shadow palette review and also my first post on VNA (enough to get me excited!). I got this palette when the bloggers were all crazy for these eye shadows. Ofcourse I had to get it. This is one of those palettes that can take care of both your day and night makeup needs.
Sleek says: Sleek MakeUP’s legendary i-Divines are 12 shades of high-quality, super-pigmented eyeshadow, suited to every skin tone.
Packaging: The palette is in a matte black case with the letters ‘sleek’ engraved on it. This is sturdy and hence makes it travel friendly. It has got a mirror and 12 eye shadow cakes along with a double ended eye shadow sponge applicator.
The i Divine Storm palette: The palette consists of both matte and shimmery eye shadows. Each colour is unique in its own way. Overall, it has 3 matte and 9 shimmery eye shadows. Usually Sleek provides the palette with names given to each eye shadow. Unfortunately this has come out plain without the names. So, I numbered it so as to differentiate. 3,11,12 are the matte ones and rest has shimmery finish.
Sleek is amazing at creating helluva eye shadows. The eye shadows have superb pigmentation and buttery consistency. This palette is not an exception in this case. Every colour just glides on the eye lid. This particular palette has eye shadows that can be used as base (shade no-3), highlighters (shade no-1,2,4), natural looking matte eye shadows (11 and 12) and the special ones for the special occasions (5,6,7,8,9,10). The staying power is amazing. They stay on my oily eye lids for 5hours at a stretch when applied using an eye shadow primer. The sponge applicator given with the palette is just amazing when you use to swatch and not apply. I use any other eye shadow brush to apply on the eye lid.
Below pictures shows the closer look of the eye shadows (6 in each pic)
1. it’s a golden eye shadow.
2. This is a n*de eye shadow which can be used as a highlighter.
3. it’s a beige matte eye shadow and this is the least pigmented in the palette.
4. It is a bright yellow gold coloured eye shadow and has shimmer finish, again a highlighter eye shadow.
5. A peachy pink shimmery eye shadow.
6. Copper eye shadow.
7. A chocolate brown shimmery eye shadow.
8. A bluish black/grey eye shadow.
9. Bottle green eye shadow.
10. Sapphire blue eye shadow.
11. Deep brown matte eye shadow.
12. Matte Black eye shadow.
The Good Points:
- Amazing pigmentation. Most of them go opaque in one swipe.
- This particular palette has eye shadows that can be used both in the day and night. So this makes for a day to night makeup palette.
- The packaging is sturdy yet classy.
- Staying power is really nice.
- Affordable. At $10 for a full palette of 12 colours, these are really inexpensive.
The Bad Points:
- One shade is almost invisible on my skin.
- Availability is an issue. You can only get it at Sleek Website.
- We can never know when it is going to expire as they do not have the manufacturing date.
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
Final word: The Storm Palette is great value for money and consists of a mix of neutral as well as party colours. You will definitely fall in love with the I-Divine series. Do get them all.