By Contributor: Tejinder Kaur
All the UK Beauty bloggers rave about this pressed powder. I couldn’t resist the hype and bought it last month and now use it almost everyday! Its been a month now and I am ready to review it.
Rimmel London claims: Control shine for up to five hours with this matte finish powder by Rimmel. Up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals. Helps minimise the appearance of pores. Dermatologically tested. Available in 6 shades.
I bought the shade silky beige which perfectly matched my skin. I don’t need to tell you how important it is to choose a colour that matches your skin perfectly unless you want to look cakey. It is a compact which leaves you with a flawless face. Its very light weight and I use this powder every day to set my BB cream or foundation. The tone matches and blends perfectly with my skin and does not crease, look patchy or give that dreaded cakey look.
Oil Control: It would work great on oily skin as it controls oil for some 3-4 hours but for dry skin using a moisturizer before is a must. Mine is normal skin so stays on longer. It won’t clog your pores or break you out. It has got a mild fragrance and I quite like it. It sucks up all the oil on your face and gives a matte look. It also minimizes the pores. I don’t mind saying that this is my HG pressed powder.
Texture: It is powdery but feels like silk. Never looks cakey.
Packaging: Packaging is very simple. It comes in a round pan with a transparent lid. The lid is not sturdy as there is no locking mechanism. So its not travel friendly. No puff provided so you need a fluffy powder brush to get the right amount of product to apply.
- Its smooth and soft in texture.
- It does stay on for a long time. On my oily skin, it stays for 5-6 hours.
- It blends well with my skin and never looks patchy or cakey.
- It control shine and gives a matte look.
- It is very light weight.
- Parabens free
- Good for oily and combination skin girls.
- The coverage is medium which is good for a compact.
- Minimizes pores.
- It doesn’t break out or irritate my skin.
- Contains natural minerals. I love mineral makeup!
- Gives a flawless look.
- Does brighten and freshen up the skin.
- It doesn’t come with a sponge or a brush. Also no mirror is provided.
- Packaging is not travel friendly.
- Moisturizer is must for dry skin girl or it will accentuate dry patches.
Availability: Boots/Amazon UK/Ebay
VNA Rating: 5/5
Final Verdict: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Pwder is one of the dream product I have ever used. I adore the finish since it gives a healthy matte look and keeps my face oil free for such a long time. It never breaks me out or cause any irritation. So I highly recommend this! It does a great job of setting base makeup and controlling oil with its matte effect.
Editor: I just saw this on Slassy.com for Rs.239. I just placed my order! Talk of anything matte and I’m sold.