Revlon Super Lustrous #440 Cherries in the Snow Review
By Contributor: Anuya
Cherries remind me of Christmas and snow of winter. Makeup in winters is a whole deal in itself! So many deep colours to experiment with, isn’t it? Experiment with makeup is a motivation for any makeup fanatic. Those in agreement say ‘Aye’. The lipstick I will review and swatch today is a vintage Revlon in the shade Cherries in the Snow (No. 440). This shade is in cream finish and has been around since the 1950s – hence a vintage. Excited yet?
Revlon Claims: Exclusive LiquiSilk™ formula with mega-moisturizers seals in color and softness ; Silky-smooth, creamy texture ; Stay true color wears evenly. Check all the shades here
The name ‘Cherry’ pops the red colour in mind however Cherries in the snow is Marylin Monroe meets Katy Perry shade i.e., classic red meets hot pink/fuchsia. It is vintage in every sense of the word – a slight deviation from the classic red yet just as good. Worn as a lipstick it can really brighten your face even if you have minimal eye makeup.
During the course of the day, as the lipstick starts to wear off, it leaves a light berry coloured stain on the lips. Also, this can be applied as a lip tint by sheering it out and topped off with either gloss or lip balm. What makes it even more vintage is its typical, classy lipstick smell – some may call it granny-like. If you are not too sensitive to smells, this will not bother you as the smell wears off upon application.
Its application is quite easy as you need to swipe this shade only once and you are good to go. Cherries in the snow is opaque and long lasting. Once applied it feels light and does not feather outside the lip line. This is one lipstick I wear without a lip liner. The staying power of this particular shade is amazing – this shade has lasted me through an entire day of lectures, one meal and a cup of coffee!
Packaging: The packaging is exactly like any other Super Lustrous lipstick – black and gold. Again very vintage looking.
Swatches in natural light
How it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with it
Pros of Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow
- Good staying power
- Feels light on the lips
- Will suit most skin tones
- Does not feather out of the lip line
- Classy packaging
- Not too drying
- Frequent application is not required
- Can be worn with or without a liner
- Easily available
- Leaves a subtle tint on the lips
- Can be worn as a lip tint topped off with some balm or gloss
- Needs only one swipe on lips
Cons of Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow
- Dry lips may feel the need to wear a balm before applying this lipstick
- On certain occasions, this did settle in the lines on my lips
- The tube I bought has a faulty twist up mechanism. It could just be the one I bought. Word of caution – do check before you leave the store.
Price: Rs. 550
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Cherries in the Snow is a bright raspberry pink which totally brightens up your face. Heck yea I recommend! No doubt that this would suit everyone. This is such a vibrant shade for all seasons. Only mascara on the lashes and ‘Cherries in the snow’ on the lips – this look is tried and tested. I would definitely go back for this shade (if I ever run out, that is ).
- L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Glossy Stain Eve Review
- MAC Amplified Creme Brick-O-La Lipstick Review
- Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick Caressing Coral Review
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Passionate Review
- 9 Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Plump and Shine Lipgloss Candy Shine Review