Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Foundation
By Contributor: Agnirupa Acharyya
What??? Surprised to see me back so soon! Well no..the good news is that I am still away on my trip so you won’t have to bear me as often as you had to a week back but the bad news *for you that is* is that I have full access to wi-fi and a lappy here and since Anshita told me of our base makeup theme this august I knew I had to start contributing and here I am with the review and swatches! I am not really a foundation person at all as I do not yet have that much of a blemished skin *touchwood* and can still happily make do with just a compact and light concealer. However, rave reviews do tempt me once in a while (read- a lot) so I do end up buying some foundations anyway. Few months back when Revlon launched its whipped crème makeup and everybody just went ga-ga on it, I saw a
- Time release technology balances skin for a continuously flawless look.
- This next-generation patent-pending whipped crème formula feels lightweight and comfortable, so makeup looks flawless all day, without rubbing off
- Bouncy, whipped formula feels ultra light and silky smooth
- Soft Matte finish
- Buildable to full coverage
- Wears up to 24hrs
- Fragrance Free
- Oil Free
- Natural Ochre: the fairest with pink undertones
- Warm golden: the most flexible shade
- Natural tan: for dusky beauties
I wanted to pick up natural ochre but was advised against it as it looks ashy on many so i got warm golden instead but later I tried it at the store and saw natural ochre would have been more apt for my pinker toned skin. I am nw35 in Mac.
The whipped creme foundation comes in a heavy glass tub with a white plastic protective covering inside the black cap which is a hugggee pain to lug around anywhere and is so heavy it will smash anyone’s head if you throw it at them. The white covering too gets messy as the product has a tendency to collect at the edges. And yeahh tub packaging so the obvious issue of scooping it out with fingers. Eewww!
The texture is worth everything else! It is smooth, light, fluffy exactly like whipped cream and a tiny bit goes a long way and spreads soo easily on skin even in harsh dry winters. It dries to a semi-matte like finish on skin and looks extremely natural, glowy and not at all mask like. The coverage is heavy and very buildable. It covers up everything.
The shade Warm Golden is medium beige with golden yellow tones and is a tad warmer on me. Having yellow undertones, I was afraid it would make me look darker but happily enough it adjusted itself with my complexion and really left no reason to complain.
The wear time is awesome as well and though I haven’t tested it for 24 hours I did test it throughout the day and it pretty much lives upto its claims of lasting throughout the day without any touch ups! Since I have oily skin, my T-zone starts getting shiny from 4-5 hours onwards but trust me it fares way better than the other foundations.
The foundation is fragrance-free so won’t bother ladies with sensitive noses.
Let’s look at the photos and swatches:
The good things about the Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup:
- Easy to blend, soft, fluffy whipped cream like texture.
- Semi-matte finish which becomes dewy over time!
- Long lasting, wears on and on throughout the day and fares better than other foundations on my oily skin!
- Gives a glowing, healthy look to the skin
- Contains SPF 20 so no need for sunscreen *thank you Revlon*
- Quite economical since a tiny bit is required each time it will take a lifetime to finish.
The bad things about the Colorstay Makeup:
- Horrible, heavy tub packaging which is unhygienic as well!! We need a foundation dear Revlon not a heavy weapon to beat up trolls!
- Wish they had launched more shades.
Price: Rs.800. I got it at Rs. 560 *smirk*
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? Absolutely!! There is hardly any bad review of Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in blogosphere and as soon as you use it you realize why. It is one of those rare foundations which succeed in controlling oil for oily ladies yet doesn’t mummify their faces (too matte foundations do that) and just leave behind a natural healthy glow which lasts through the day! And the texture ooohhh..i would like to scoop it out and lick it off!
- Best Foundations For Bridal Makeup
- Foundations and Concealer for Oily Skin
- L’Oreal Infallible Foundation Review
- Apply Foundation or Concealer First?
- Lakme Invisible Foundation Review