Review, How to Use, Price, Buy Online, Philips Satinelle Legs and Arms Epilator for Women BRE200/00
By Contributor: Aditi
Philips is on a roll with lots of new launches in India. Today I will review the new Satinelle Legs and Arms Epilator BRE200/00 for women, which is endorsed by my ever favourite ALIA BHATT. I am obsessed with her, so even though I am shit afraid of using epilators and all sorts of hair removal tools, just seeing her in that AD made me do it. Sso alia this is for you..like is she is reading this, duh!!
Philips claims: Enjoy long lasting smoothness with Philips Satinelle Essential epilator. Gently removes hairs at the root, as short as 0.5mm. Hairs grow back thinner and more slowly to enjoy up to 4 weeks hair-free skin. Epilation removes 4x shorter hair than waxing, and is hassle free and no need of waiting till the next waxing session. UNIQUE EPILATION SYSTEM. GENTLE TWEEZING DISCS
For legs, arms and armpits
Root hair removal at home
Unique Epilation Discs, removes hair as short as 0.5mm
Sensitive area cap for delicate skin helps you go gentle on your skin
comes with a sensitive cap, that is perfect for areas like the arm pits, or even to be used on the thigh, where some people have really thin skin.
Built to last with 2-year world-wide warranty
Easy to clean
Variants Available: Philips Satinelle BRE200/00, Philips Satinelle Advanced BRE210 and Philips Satinelle Essential BRE201
My Review of Philips Epilator:
This is the basic one for basic, dry use i.e. Philips Satinelle Essential BRE200. And it comes with a single head I:E epilator.
How does it look like: I love the white and pink color, it has a white body with pink flowers over it. It has just one setting and very easy to figure out and super easy to use. It is made of sturdy high quality plastic, and has a nice grip in the hands.
How to Use Philips Satinelle Epilator BRE200/00: This Philips epilator is meant to be used dry and comes with a tiny brush that can be used to clean the hair that get stuck in the machine head while epilating. I am not very sure if it can be washed under water or not. It comes with a long chord, which is very convenient, but also a con at the same time, as you can’t really use it in the bathroom if you don’t have a plug in there. Also it instructs, not to use the epilator with an extension cord.
I first used this on my arms since I was way to scared to use it on my legs as I hadn’t waxed my legs for the past 2 months. The hair on my arms were smaller so I assumed in my head that it would pain less, but oh boy was I wrong. This thing hurts. But not really unbearable. Its pulling out each strand from the roots and isn’t done in a quick pull motion like waxing, rather it is a slower process, hence prolonging the paint that is felt as the hair strands are pulled out. It also gives a funny vibration feeling all over the body part that its being epilated. I used it for the first time, so maybe thats why I felt that way.
It is instructed that you don’t have to glide your epilator really fast, as it might cause the hair to break from the surface rather than getting pulled out from the roots. So you have to be patient while using the hair epilator and have to drag at a constant speed, so that it pulls out every strand.
My skin any way is sensitive to bear any pulling of hair, even while waxing I get tiny bumps in patches over my arm, and so was the case with this. But those bumps go away after an hour or so as I apply my thermal spring water. You can use any cooling gel or lotion.
It also comes with a cap which you can put on the head to use over sensitive areas.
PROS of Philips Satinelle Legs and Arms Epilator BRE200/00:
- Conveniently built, really mobile to travel with.
- Sturdy quality
- Environment friendly as it doesn’t come with any batteries and can be used only electronically
- A convenient cap for use on sensitive areas.
- A long cord so you don’t have to be constantly stand near the plug point, rather you can grab a stool or chair or sit on your bed and have a comfortable epilation
- Comes with just one speed so no fuss of switching between modes
- Easy to clean with the brush that comes along
- You don’t have to rush to a salon every time for hair removal
- Way safer than shaving or chemical hair removal
CONS of Philips Satinelle Legs and Arms Epilator BRE200/00:
- The pain, momma it hurts with a vibrating sensation
- Price point I guess. If you want more heads and setting modes then I suggest you shell out a 1000 bucks more and opt for the Philips Satinelle Essential BRE201 which comes with a shaving head too or go for Philips Satinelle Advanced BRE210 that comes with a shaving head and is meant for wet and dry use with skin stretcher system.
- If not been care full with the speed with which you glide it on your hand/leg, it might just pull the hair from the surface, rather than the roots.
- Cant be used wet. We are not always at the ease of finding privacy in a room, to perform intimate chores like this.
Price in India: Rs.2495
VNA Rating: 4/5
Where to Buy Online in India: amazon.in
Overall: Its a good purchase if you travel frequently and are looking for quick chemical free at home hair removal tools. Gets you #BeReadyEveryday. I would also say it is a good choice when you are running short on time and cant make visits to a salon. It does pain a little more than waxing, as it is a slightly slower process of pulling out the hair. But the pain does come with the package, as we all know any sought of pulling out the hair is going to cause pain. A lot of girls hate going to parlours and like to DIY everything at home from facials to plucking eyebrows. So its a good purchase.