Organic Harvest Sunscreen SPF 60 Review
By Contributor: Agnirupa
As promised in my last post, I am back with yet another review of an effective product from the natural stable of Organic Harvest after I finished trying it out for over 3 weeks. As we all are very much aware by now, sunblock is a must must must all the year around, and in hot, humid places like my hometown (Kolkata) a sunscreen has to be high in SPF and water/sweat resistant! My faithful lotus matte sunblock fulfills most of the claims really but being a blogger its in our marrow to experiment. And this sunscreen has SPF 60 (wow!) plus organic, so I was dying to try it out.
Organic Harvest Claims: A sweat-resistant formula, it creates a shield on your skin to combat the harmful effects of UV-A & UV-B rays. Use it daily, before going out in the sun. Anti – Bacterial, Anti – Blemish, Anti Redness, Contains Aloe Vera, Contains Minerals, Contains Sun Protection, Contains Vitamins, Fragrance Free, Hyaluronic Acid, Hypoallergenic, Natural, Non-greasy, Oil Free, Organic, Paraben Free, Soap Free
The sunscreen comes in a slim, cute and convenient sturdy plastic bottle packaging with a pump dispenser so it is both hygienic and easy to carry! Kudos.
The texture is quite thick and creamy and felt a bit heavy the first time I started spreading it on my face which scared me a lot as my face is oily-combination anyway and heavy products in this weather is a sure-shot way of waking up to a face full of angry red pimples the next day.
However, it spread quite easily and evenly on my skin and created a kind of hydrated effect on my face (note to oily skin girls- mustttt dab compact on it!) it does take a bit of heavy working in and time to get fully absorbed in skin and after 15 minutes approx, starts settling down nicely. So much so that, the heavy feeling was almost gone! There was no white cast thankfully and it did not make my skin oily after being set with a powder (cheers!)
The efficacy of the lotion impressed me quite a bit as well. I am always out from 12-4pm and NEVER have the convenience to reapply! (Honestly even people asking to reapply sunscreens is so idiotic. We people do have other work as well, duhh) this lotion, being sweat and water proof, did not melt/ streak on my horribly sweaty face and instead prevented me from tanning to a large extent. My arms are..(shudder) Yes I tried a different sunscreen on them while I applied this on my face.
The lotion has a really strong, herbally kind of smell which stays for a long long time! I somehow liked the smell in spite of being a hater of strong persistent smells but I daresay many others will not share the same sentiment. It would have been better to keep this unscented/mildly scented at the most!
The pros of Organic Harvest Sunscreen SPF60:
- Very sturdy and cute convenient plastic tube packaging with a no-hassle pump dispenser
- Texture is creamy and spreads easily on skin without leaving any white cast
- Skin feels smooth, supple and hydrated yet non greasy after it properly settles down
- Efficacy is proven as I have used it for 3+ weeks and been out in the sun every single day from 12-4pm.
- Sweat and water proof, hence did not melt or streak on face.
- Only a tiny quantity is required for each application.
- Has an impressive ingredient list and devoid of harmful chemicals.
- Comes with SPF 60 which is fabulous!
The cons of Organic Harvest SPF60:
- I wish the consistency was a bit lighter as in hot, humid weather I don’t feel very happy slathering a creamy heavy thing on my already sweaty oily skin
- Price is definitely on the higher side in comparison to many efficient drugstore ranges!
Price: Rs. 695
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? Power-packed with a host of natural impressive ingredients and a super duper sun protection of 60 this sunscreen lotion from Organic Harvest sure packs a punch. For dry-normal skinned ladies, this is heaven..for oilies like us, this sunscreen+ a dab of compact= heaven! So you get my gist. A must try if you are careful about avoiding chemicals in your skincare routine ‘coz most sunscreens are stuffed with innumerable ones. Recommended!
- Best Herbal Beauty Tips for Glowing Skin
- Organic Harvest 3 In 1 Face Wash Review
- Best Toners For Acne Prone Skin
- Best Anti-Acne Creams in India
- Maybelline Clean Express Total Clean Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Review
- Best Face Washes for Oily Skin in India