Nivea Pure Effect Total Face Cleanup Review
By Contributor: Rini
While looking at random stuff in a cosmetic stall one day, I spotted Nivea Pure Effect Total Face Cleanup which is a face wash cum scrub cum mask. I was already impressed by its five-in-one concept so, I picked it up without much thought. I often get lured by products which claim to be for oily skin. Years of struggle with oil, shine and acne has made me what I am today (a hunter of suitable products). Okay now let’s move onto its claims, usage and my review.
Nivea Claims: Nivea Pure Effect Total Face Cleanup enriched with Active Magnolia Extract provides you 5 benefits for pure and clear skin:
- Its unique cleansing complex deeply washes off skin impurities.
- Its peeling particles unclog pores and purify skin from blackheads.
- Left on as a pack for a few minutes will refine skin’s appearance and support a perfect complexion.
- Its anti-bacterial formulation helps fight spot causing bacteria and gives you visibly pure skin.
- Is soft and gentle to the skin due its mild formula.
Directions of application: The product can be used as a wash (daily), as a scrub and as a pack (2-3 times a week).
Total Face Cleanup Regime – In 5 Minutes:
STEP-1 Apply the product to a moistened face by smoothly massaging in upward circles focusing on the forehead, nose and chin, avoiding the eye area.
STEP-2 Spread the product evenly across the face and leave it on for 3 – 4 minutes.
STEP-3 Rinse off with lukewarm water to get the perfect complexion.
Nivea pure effect total face cleanup comes in a white tube with a blue colored flip open cap. Its packaging is very neat and appealing. It claims to be for normal to oily skin.
The first thing which I loved about this face wash right after squeezing out the first drop is its smell. I clean my face with plain water and then dot Nivea pure effect total face cleanup all over my face. Then I rub it gently in upward circular motion for around a minute and let it stay for 5 minutes. After that I wash my face off with lukewarm water. Every time I use it, I notice a visible glow on my face and neck. My face feels smooth and soft. All blackheads and dullness vanish and a beautiful fragrance lingers for a few minutes.
However, I use it more as an exfoliating face pack and less as a face wash or a scrub. The 5 in 1 clean up has the appropriate consistency; neither too thick nor runny. It is easy to apply and spread. It has a mild yet refreshing, soothing and pleasant smell (I always keep on sniffing my hands post application.). The product has little blue granules for scrubbing. The granules are neither too harsh nor too mild. They effectively scrub off the blackheads.
Though the glow is temporary, it lasts for 18-24 hours. Besides, it also relaxes my facial muscles after a hectic day in college. As for the oil controlling part, it keeps my face matte for 3-4 hours. But I haven’t seen any effect on my acne marks. After washing of the product, the marks seem to fade a bit but after a few hours, they are visible again. However, it doesn’t dry out my skin and hasn’t broken me out yet.
Pros of Nivea Pure Effect Total Face Cleanup:
- Lives up to its claims, almost.
- Keeps my face matte for a few hours.
- Instantly brightens my face.
- Good for oily skin.
- Relaxes my facial muscles.
- Nice exfoliation.
- Pleasant fragrance.
Cons of Nivea Pure Effect Total Face Cleanup:
- Does nothing for spots and marks.
- Doesn’t improve or even out skin tone.
- Gives superficial glow.
Price: Rs.99 for 50ml
VNA Rating: 4/5
Will I repurchase? Yes
Conclusion: Nivea Pure Effect Total Face Cleanup is one of the few products which have won my heart. Its effective and appropriate exfoliation, besides its soothing quality is all that I need in my skin care regime. It does not seem to have pore clogging ingredients because most of the comedogenic ingredients break me out. But it has not. Oily skinned people should try this for sure. It is the best 5-minute skin spa.
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Ageing Foaming Cleanser Review
- Garnier Fair Miracle 2 in 1 Fairness Cream Review
- Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo and Conditioner Review
- Garnier Pure Active Review Real Neem Face Wash
- Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Wash Review
- Alia Bhatt’s Weight Loss Secrets