Maybelline Colorsensational Lip Polish Glam 12 Review and Swatches
By Contributor: Agnirupa
Ooohh finally they have arrived!! I have waited so so long. These lines to normal people might refer to the arrival of Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp to their city. However in beauty blogs these lines can only signify the arrival of something crispy and new. And yes I am talking today about the new garma-garam Maybelline lip polish in Glam 12! I got three of them btw: Glam 13 and Glam 5 apart from this. Let’s start with the review and swatches.
Maybelline Claims: A TRIO of CONCENTRATES:
- Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep intense color like a lipstick.
- Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing Liquid Conditioning Balm gets the lips ready for Intensely Rich color. Gives a soft Cushiony feel & care to the lips.
- Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller & more luscious.
- Specially designed Leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick & precise.
Glam 12 is a luscious orangey red with tiny shimmer which are not OTT at all but instead boost the glossy pout. It instantly brightens up any look and infuses a rich flush of color on your puckers. The pigmentation unlike the other lighter colors is excellent and a single swipe gives the bold bright color seen in the tube.
The texture is a bit thick but absolutely non-sticky and very smooth and hydrating, applies easily and evenly on lips smoothing out fine lines and resulting in a glossy pout. Being such a pigmented color it lasts easily for 4 hours approx and fades leaving a nice reddish stain- the nicest thing being that it hydrates the lips even after wearing off. Fragrance and taste free.
The cute cute lip polishes come packaged in stout transparent tubes which gives the appearance of an inverted lipstick bullet and comes with a special spongy leaf-like applicator made specifically for easy lining of upper lips and seamless application of the color on the lower.
Swatches of Glam 12 in different lights
And this is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with Glam 12
And here is how it looks on me
The pros of Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 12:
- Cutest packaging which is easy to carry and has a special leaf shaped spongy applicator for easy application and touch ups
- Texture is very hydrating, smooth and non-sticky
- Luscious juicy red color which instantly gives a lift to any look
- Pigmentation is great for this shade and a single swipe is enough for apt color
- Staying power is quite good around 4 hours and fades evenly.
- Smoothes out dry patches and fine lip lines making your pout look healthy and glossy
The cons of Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 12:
- Transfers on all surfaces and does not survive against a full meal but then owing to its smooth glossy texture quite expected! No other cons.
Price: Rs. 450
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 12 is an orange red shade with slight shimmer. Seeing that my SA told me a lady had been picking up 8 shades at once is testimony enough that these hardly need any more pushes from us beauty bloggers. Lovely texture, awesome shades, good pigmentation ensures a winner yet again from Maybelline. Pick them up!