Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Turquoise Review
Turquoise is one of my weakness. As soon as I saw a Vogue ad of the new Maybelline Kajal, I rushed to the stores (New U, Lifestyle, Shoppers Stop, local stores..don’t ask!) and finally found it online. Kajals do that to me! So yes Maybelline launched a coloured kohl pencil and today I will review and swatch it. It has the same 12 hour formula as the original black kajal. Let’s see if it can be a summer staple or not. Btw why the “THE” thingy? Can you pass me my THE kajal please? Why is The Maybelline The using The for The Colossal The range The?
Maybelline Claims: Go all out with glamourous eyes in the most exciting Colossal Kohl- Turquoise which LINES like a kohl and DEFINES like a liner. Turquoise kohl is a refreshing twist on the conventional black kohl and a must have fashion and beauty accessory. Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Provides 12 hours of smudge free turquoise intensity
- Color doesn’t smudge or fade
- Enriched with nourishing ingredients and Vitamin E to soothe the eye
- Features a unique tip that glides smoothly for an even application
- 100% suitable for your eyes
Maybelline Turquoise is a pretty teal blue with slight shimmer. Its more teal than turquoise and the shimmer in it isn’t too much and prevents it from looking flat. Blue on eyes is always an instant pick me up for tired eyes and this exactly does that. A couple of swipes on you upper lash line instantly make you look wide awake and fresh. Plus I like such bright summer shades so yes no doubt I like the colour. But because of the shimmer I avoid it on my waterline and smudge it lightly on my lower lash line instead. But generally I either wear it as a liner instead of kohl or as an eye shadow base for teal shades.
It reminds me of Maybelline Color Tattoo Tenacious Teal. The shades are quite close if not similar.
Its soft and smooth to apply. The texture is similar to the original black Colossal kajal so it scores in this department. It stays on my eyes for around 8 hours. I’ve not tested it more than that. On my lower lashline it usually fades away in 3-4 hours. I’ve not faced any smudging issues with it. At the end of the day I use a makeup remover to remove it as just water won’t do. So yes its waterproof too. It behaves exactly like the original kajal on me. So if it works for you then this will do the job too.
Swatches in natural light- Top: multiple swipes, bottom: 1 swipe
This is how it looks on my eyes. My kajal has almost faded from the waterline
And here is how it looks on me
Pros of Maybelline Colossal Kohl Turquoise:
- Pretty teal turquoise shade which flatters brown eyes
- Applies without any tugging or pulling
- Does not smudge or smear
- Waterproof. Doesn’t budge after washing your face with water
- You need a makeup remover to take it off so yep it stays pretty much all day on upper lid
- Stayed on my eyes for approx 8 hours
Cons of Maybelline Colossal Kajal Turquoise:
- Since it has a little bit of shimmer so I avoid it on my waterline and apply on the lower lash line instead
- Fades off from lower lashline in 3-4 hours so you need to set it with powder
- Needs 2-3 swipes to go fully opaque
VNA Rating: 4/5
So is it for you? Maybelline Colossal Kohl Turquoise is a bright shimmery teal shade which instantly perks up my Indian skin tone and brown eyes. Its a universally flattering shade. The texture and wear time is similar to the original black kajal. Can be used as a liner or an eyeshadow base. Highly recommend!
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal White Review
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Green Review
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Kajal Liner Pacific Review
- L’oreal Paris Kajal Magique Review
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown Review
- Review of 6 Lakme Eyeconic Coloured Kohls