MAC Patentpolish Teen Dream Lip Pencil Review
By Contributor: Aditi
I was actually cheking the MAC cosmetics official website for the playland collection launch when a little thumbnail sneaked through with patentpolish written on it and I clicked it ofcourse and was sold at the first sight of it. Yes I am a lip crayon lover but selective at the same time. I read more about the new lip pencil on Karen’s MBB And wanted to try the orange color so got the shade teen dream which I will review and swatch today.
MAC claims: precision of a pencil, color of a lipstick and shine of a gloss.
I didn’t go to the store as I was on a vacation in a NO-MAC city so had this couriered by a friend (love her). Well she did tell me that these patentpolishes were selling super fast like hot cakes. I got this color solely on the basis of karen’s blog swatches as I really identify with her skin tone and shade.. so rely on her for online beauty swatches.
MAC Teen Dream looks a hot orange in the tube but when applied it turns to be a soft peachy coral shade. The pigmentation is good. But I have heard that there are only a few shades in this lip crayons range that have good color payoff. Rest go around really sheer so you guys should swatch all of them yourself and not just buy it by looking at the tubes.
New thing that I saw in the actual tube as well as the cardboard cover that it comes in is that both of them have an orange strip on the tip so all the tubes are color coded on the inner as well as outer packaging so that’s a good thing you can easily spot the tube in your stash.
Its about the same size as the Revlon matte balms in terms of tube as well as the product amount.
Swatches in natural light
Here is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with it
And how it looks on my face
THINGS THAT I REALLY LIKED about MAC Teen Dream Patentpolish Lip Pencil:
- The color payoff is quite good.
- The lip pencil feels so so sos soo soft like a feather glliding on your lips.
- The 1st coat is sheer but is equally buildable so even if you get a bright color you can go one coat for college and dab a bit more for outings so its pretty much a multi tasker.
- It comes in a twist up pen that’s chubby and gripping of the material is same as that of the regular lipstick tubes.
- Has the signature vanilla fragrance like other MAC lipsticks.
Things that were not much loved about MAC Teen Dream Patentpolish Lip Pencil:
- The tip of the product is rounded so you cant get really precise application if you have chhotu and thin lips like me so you might end up tugging outside the corners of your lips
- The product is ssoo soft but due to the rounded you have to be very careful while recapping it because mine just scooped out some product while I was replacing the cap (that’s annoying).
- And the price.. I don’t really want to pay like 1390 for a lip crayon.
VNA Rating: 4/5
Conclusion: MAC Teen Dream Patentpolish Lip Pencil is a soft peachy orange shade and feels very soft on lips. The rounded tip makes application a little difficult on thin lips. And not all the shades in this range have the same high pigmentation. But for lip crayon lovers like me, this one is worth a try.