Review, Swatches, Price of MAC Technakohl Liner Eye Liner Kajal Image Conscious
By Contributor: Aditi
I am not really a person who goes to MAC or other exuberant brands for eyeliners or kohl because that is something I run out of very fast, but this time when MAC relaunched their packaging and probably the formula of their technakohl liners, I was kind of intrigued enough to shell out 1100 bucks on these mechanical pencils. Read on to know does it satisfy the price or not as I review and swatch the shade Image Conscious which is a deep purple shade.
MAC Claims: A mechanical pencil-style liner. In formula, soft and creamy, with an intense, rich, colour deposit. Blends on application: dries quickly to a long-wear, non-smudge finish. Versatile. An easy way to line the top and lower lash line of the eye. When applied at a 90 degree angle, provides a thin precision line. For thicker application, apply at a flat angle.
Shades available: Skyscape, Raisinette, Bishop Blue, Image Conscious, Alpha Grey
SHADE: MAC Image Conscious is cool toned deep purple colour, something that is not easily dupable, it is matte without any prominent shimmer even tough on application it gives out a subtle metallic sheen.
TEXTURE: the formula of this Image Conscious is really soft and glides on really easy, but it does tend to look a little patchy. It sure is smudge proof once it sets, but can be a good smoky eye base if you smudge it immediately after application. It is really soft, I didn’t have to pull or tug my eyes even once for application.
PIGMENTATION : for the shade IMAGE CONCIOUS, it was a little weak in one swipe. But as I told you the formula isn’t the same for all the colours, so it’s suggested that you try each colour individually to judge the pigmentation and formula, I did have to go twice or thrice to get an opaque coverage.
PACKAGING : the packaging of these pencils are the major highlight this time. These come in a mechanical/ twist up form that needs no sharpening and have fully colour coded sturdy plastic bodies, really slim and sleek and cute too. The colour of the pencil is the colour of the body too so they are prominent and easy to locate.
STAYING POWER : it stayed put for about 6 hours after which I could see a little fading towards the inner corner of my eye, mostly due to all the eye rubbing that happens, it kind of stuck to my eyes, kind of refused to come off even with the makeup remover.
Pros of MAC Technakohl Liner Image Conscious:
- I loveeee the shade. It is such a pretty purple shade that doesn’t look neon despite being cool toned and works good as a smokey eye base.
- You can smudge these initially but once they set, these aren’t going to move anywhere.
- Quirky name, (okay fine I do get intrigued by the name and packaging..judge me!!)
- Standout and easy to locate packaging, the material is also sturdy. I appreciate the colour coding.
- The longevity of the liner is amazing, even though it does take an effort to build up on the pigmentation.
- It is a perfect balance between a smooth formula and a firm texture, it isn’t so smooth that it melts nor is it so stiff that doesn’t produce any colour.
- The collection has an array of colour to choose from, also comes in different finishes.
Cons of MAC Technakohl Liner Image Conscious:
- The pigmentation is the biggest issue for me, I pay 1100 bucks and get pigmentation worth 200. The other shade I own called PLANK is bang on on pigmentation so it is advised to try each and every colour at the MAC store before buying.
- The price, eeh 1100 for such pigmentation, is not a win win situation. What intrigued me to buy was the shade .
VNA Rating: 3.5/5
OVERALL THOUGHTS: these surely are a splurge for the quantity we get, because we get the same quantity at 3/4th of the price for drugstore liners that are smooth and creamy, but the shade is something I didn’t come across in any of the affordable brands. It is such a pretty colour. I really like the smooth formula and the new packaging, but I really wish it could have been a little more on pigmentation. Plus they are one of the Back to MAC products so even if you go through them really fast don’t worry keep 6 of the empties and you get a lipstick for yourself , so that’s great (at least that’s how I justified my purchase) There are a bunch of shades to choose from, some of them not very easily dupeable, the range is worth a try once, but try at the store before purchasing because even the colours might seem luring the formula in some of them isn’t really a hit.