Snob Lipstick by MAC Review
By Contributor: Priyanka
This is my first review on VNA And boy! I am excited! (grins toothily) I have a whole slew of reviews lined up and I would be glad to be associated with such an awesomely efficient yet friendly blog. Anyway, the lipstick I am now going to review and swatch is iconic in the blogging world. Anyone even marginally interested in the beauty industry is bound to have heard of MAC, their amazingly vast range is a cult favourite. This one is from the Satin finish called Snob which I will review and swatch today.
MAC describes Snob as a “ladylike mauve” but for me, this colour is more of a Nicki Minaj pink with cool lavender undertones. This colour makes my teeth look yellow and my complexion sallow. I am not a fan but seeing as I got this as a gift, I am not too disappointed.
The finish and longevity is at par with most colours in the Satin range. This colour lasts 4-5 hours on me with noticeable fading in the inner part of my lips, but since this is such a light colour against my pigmented lips it is to be expected. The Satin finish is moisturising and generally forgiving without highlighting dry patches and fine lines. But because of the nature of this colour, it does settle into fine lines a bit but is very moisturising too so it doesn’t look too bad.
The colour may fade patchily but is one that can safely claim to have single stroke opacity. It is completely opaque, creamily so, in a single swipe but when you try to layer the lipstick I feel that it may sometimes look patchy. Then again, this too can be attributed to the fact that I have pigmented lips.
Swatches in natural light
Due to the milkiness of this colour, it’s safe to say that this colour would look amazing on those who are NC15 or lower. But for those who don’t fall in this magical range and want to make this colour work on themselves, you have the following avenues open:
- Use it as a lip stain by layering it thinly, blotting and then repeating this till you are satisfied with the pigmentation and top it with a thin coat of transparent gloss
- Opt for the Snob Lipglass instead of the lipstick, it is much more forgiving on darker tones
- Use this lipstick to tone down bright toned lipsticks in red, maroon, fuchsia, etc
This is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with it
What I like about MAC Snob Lipstick:
- May be close to an MLBB for very pale and slightly tanned white people
- Very unusual colour, not easily dupable
- Satin finish and thus glides on effortlessly
- Travel safe classy packaging
What I dislike about MAC Snob Lipstick:
- Applies patchily
- Not suitable for dusky Indian skin, unless you want the colour to pop like crazy
- Availability is a problem in some countries due to its popularity
- Fades patchily
Price: Rs.1190 (mine was a gift)
VNA Rating: 3.5/5 (The shade is a nightmare on me!)
Dupe: Revlon Pink Pout
Would I repurchase? This shade? Not a snowball’s chance in hell!
Would I recommend it? If they are an NC15 or lower, maybe so.
- MAC Lustering Lustre Lipstick Review
- MAC See Sheer Lustre Lipstick Review
- MAC Lickable Cremesheen Lipstick Review
- MAC Cream Colour Base Improper Copper Review
- theBalm Hot Mama Blush Review
- MAC Lipsticks for Indian Skin