MAC Pro Longwear Concealer Review and Price
By Contributor: Agnirupa
Is it just my disease or does MAC shades turn out to be as unfathomable as rocket science sometimes to you guys too? Most of the times the SA s get it wrong- be it any range- foundation or concealer and that MAC shades differ a bit from range to range does NOT help. Thus in search of my perfect concealer and being referred the studio finish range I found NC shades to be orange and NW to be too pink. I finally found my HG in Pro Longwear Concealer range and have never looked back. Let’s start with the review and swatches. For reference, I am MAC NW 25-30 *depending on my tan* and use this concealer in NW30.
MAC Claims: A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Color-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump.
The packaging of this range is hygienic and travel friendly for sure as it comes in a narrow transparent glass tube with a cap and pump but awfully inconvenient to use as 1 single pump dispenses an amount enough for 3-4 uses and thus get wasted. So I now pump out the product in a small MAC sample tub and use from there.
The texture is very light, runny fluid like and very easy to apply and spread both by fingers or any concealer brush. It blends like a damn dream too and has opaque heavy coverage. Conceals so perfectly that after the coverage of your flaws you tend to forget you had them in the very first place. And no I am not exaggerating!
The shade too is perfect for me leaning on the pink side without being too obvious or dark and looks just like my skin when I blend it for my dark circles or a blemish here and there. I have given away/sold off every single of my other concealers and have gone through almost half the tube already using it straight for the last few months daily! Not gonna change this.
As is the name Pro Longwear it really is the longest wearing concealer I have come across! It settles in a perfect skin-like finish- not matte nor creamy and does not melt, crease, oxidize or streak/melt off even in this horrible weather. I set it with some loose powder and is enough to last me through the whole day (8-9 hours)
The pros of MAC Pro Longwear Concealer:
- Comes in a cute slim transparent tube like packaging with pump and cap
- Lovely light runny liquid texture, spreads easily
- Blends smoothly and perfectly
- Can be applied both with fingers and brush.
- Medium-heavy opaque coverage, flawless finish
- Covers both dark circles and blemishes effectively
- Lasts on through the day without streaking, melting or creasing
The cons of MAC Pro Longwear Concealer:
- The pump is useless and wastes too much product. Have to pour it out somewhere else!
VNA Rating: 5/5
Do I recommend? I have tried mac select cover up, studio finish, Clinique concealers and a bunch from the prime brands and nothing comes even close to this concealer. The perfect shade, the lovely texture, blendeability, flawless finish, opaque coverage..i can go on and on about it! Highly recommended!
- Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation Spf 15 Swatch, Review, FOTD and Demo
- Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Concealer: Review and Swatches
- Revlon ColorStay Concealer 03 Light Medium: Review, Swatches and Demo
- Inglot AMC Cream Concealer 66: Review and Swatches
- Kryolan Derma Color Camouflage Creme Review and Swatch
- Help!! Foundation and Concealer For Very Oily Skin