MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Undercurrent Review and Swatches
By Contributor: Agnirupa
Spring is comingggggggg! Pardon me but I have always been a spring chick. The balanced weather, the new leaves, the special breeze gets to my head pretty easily and I dance around like a happy bunny hunting down my neon and bright shades and yeahh green eyeshadows, green eye pencils, kohl, nail paints. You get the green gist? On one of my recent MAC raids I came across this particular eye pencil crayon, got fixated by it and no, could not leave the store till I made my purse cry. But well am glad I did! Its my new spring addition- MAC Undercurrent eyeliner which I will review and swatch today!
MAC Claims: MAC describes Undercurrent as a blue-based teal with green-gold and teal shimmer
The color is sheer fantasy! I am a glitter-mad person. So I just stare at this color and keep staring on and on till my mom’s screams tear me away. Its such a pretty teal green with millions of green gold shimmers and glitters it looks absolutely magical and spring or no spring am in love with this one!
The pigmentation is OMG. Aa feather light swipe yields a rich opaque color be it on oily lids or hands for swatches. MAC is MAC! The other ranges of eye kohls and pencils though haven’t cut the deal with me. They are a tad hard IMO.
The texture is amazziinggggggg.. those who have used the pearlglide intense pencils know the buttery smooth silky texture which takes as much effort to apply as it takes for you to blow off an eyelash from your hand on a breezy day. The staying power is- forever. No seriously it lasts on as long as I want it to..8-9 hours till I make it budge with my remover!
The pearlglide eyeliners come in the regular pencil packaging with their matte slim body and a color-coded end. Too soft in texture though, so you need to have time and patience if you need to sharpen these beauties.
Swatches in different lights
How it looks on my eyes
My EOTDs – Pardon my mo-makeup eyes as I wanted you to understand this color better
The pros of MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner Undercurrent:
- Nice sleek color-coded pencil packaging with a tight cap
- Amazing buttery soft texture- the best yet I have come across in eye pencils and glides like makhhan in a hot pan
- The color is sooo pretty! Teal green with millions of gorgeous glitters *sigghh*
- Mind blowing pigmentation- goes opaque in half a swipe- no pulling no tugging!
- Staying power is great as well- stays straight for 8-9 hours on my oily lids till removed!
- Does not sting/irritate my eyes.
The cons of MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner Undercurrent:
- Very expensive for a measly eye pencil
- Those with sensitive eyes might not like the glitters on their waterline/inner corners.
Price: Rs. 1100 (sheer robbery)
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner Undercurrent is a pretty teal green shade with shimmer. Hayyee koi paisa de do mujhe I would love to hoard allll the pearlglide liners (2 of each!) These are the dreamiest, prettiest, smoothest pencils I have ever tried with amazing array of shades and looong staying power and except for the price (conks the MAC people on their heads) I have no other qualms! Highly recommended! Hope you liked my post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Do pounce on these lovely eye pencils next time when you go to MAC.
- Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner True Black Review
- L’oreal Paris Super Liner Carbon Gloss Review
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick Bad Girl Bronze Review
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Green Swatches, Review
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown Review
- Which is The Best Kajal in India