MAC Pink Lipstick Swatches: 11 Shades
You must have noticed I’ve been kinda obsessed with lipstick swatches lately. Its just I’m trying to cover ALL the lipstick shades from ALL the brands – Indian and International. And this obsession has given me bruised arms lately..some of the lipstick swatches won’t go for days! This time its MAC’s turn. MAC has got a 1000 lipsticks and I WILL swatch them all here..promise! Today I’m going to show you some of the best permanent pink lipsticks Mac has. I managed to swatch 11 of them in a go without arousing suspicion! I’m trying to be the next KarlaSugar and Temptalia!
Mac Lipstick shade descriptions and finish (from right to left):
1. Please Me: is described as “mid-tone warm pink”. Finish: Matte. It will suit girls with fair skin tones and reminds me of Colorbar Thrilling Pink.
2. Impassioned: is described as “bright warm pink”. Finish: Amplified Creme meaning a creamy finish and medium to full pigmentation. Its a bright neon pink shade which is a favourite among the beauty bloggers.
3. Fanfare: is described as “mid-tone yellow pink”. Finish: Cremesheen meaning its moisturizing, creamy and has medium-to-full pigmentation. Again a beautiful light pink for fair skin tones.
4. On Hold: is described as “mid tone yellow raspberry”. Finish: Cremesheen. Its a very MLBB kind of shade for Indian skin tones.
5. Captive: is described as “pinkish plum”. Finish: Satin meaning its long-wearing, semi-matte and has medium-to-full pigmentation. It suits dusky to olive skin tones a lot and is quite similar to Craving.
6. Speed Dial: is described as “light blue pink”. Finish: Cremesheen. Its a bright bubblegum pink which will suit girls with american skin since the blue in it is very obvious.
7. Craving: is described as a “burst of plum”. Finish: Amplified Creme. Its a plummy pink lipstick shade which will suit dusky to olive skin tones a lot.
8. Mehr: is described as “dirty blue pink”. Finish: Matte. Its meant for Indian skin tones and recommended by MAC Artist Mickey Contractor. I’ve seen girls with fair to dusky skin tones carrying it with equal ease. Its a pretty everyday blue pink. Follow the link for the lip swatches.
9. Pink Nouveau: is described as “mid-tone cool pink”. Finish: Satin. Its a bright blue pink and reminds me a lot of Candy Yum Yum although Pink Nouveau is less wearable than CYY and slightly more blue.
10. Crosswires: is described as “clean pinky orange”. Finish: Cremesheen. Its a pretty coral pink shade with a subtle shine. It suits all Indian skin tones and is one of the prettiest coral shades Mac has.
11: Cosmo: is described as “Pink Coco”. Finish: Amplified Creme. Its an everyday dirty pink which works as a MLBB lipstick for medium to dusky Indian skin tones. Its a dupe of Mehr and quite similar to Twig.
Some of the Mac lipsticks shown have already been reviewed with swatches under different lights and flash accompanied with lip swatches. You can click on the shade names for their detailed reviews.
Firsts are always special and while picking up her first Mac lipstick, every girl goes through this phase: madly searches google for mac lipstick swatches. Then gets tired of the shades that don’t work for Indians and refines her searches to “mac lipsticks for indian skin”, “mac lipsticks for dusky skin”, “best mac lipsticks in india”, “must have mac lipsticks” and so on! And then picks up individual shades and goes to every Indian beauty blog for the detailed reviews and lip swatches. Then after changing her choice atleast a dozen times, finally braves her Mac store visit and comes homes with an entirely different shade!
I even have a theory when it comes to Indian girls and their first Mac lipstick choice:
1. The shy girl: goes for Cosmo or Mehr
2. The Bold girl: goes for Ruby Woo or Russian Red
3. The girly girl: goes for Impassioned
4. The mature girl: goes for Girl About Town
Just for fun..lemme know if you belong to a certain category!
If I’ve to pick my favourites, then I would love somebody to gift me Impassioned, Mehr or Crosswires. Yup I know Crosswires is not exactly pink and I should have swatches it with coral lipsticks but I’ve been obsessed about it from quite some time and when I saw it at the Mac store I forgot all about my project and immediately swatches it on my hand. Given my love for coral and peach shades over pinks and reds, I might pick it up next.
Btw Sailor is insisting on gifting me a lipstick for my birthday. Decisions decisions! The red lipsticks swatches will follow soon with orange, nude, plum and miscellaneous not far behind. Which is your favourite pink lipstick from MAC?