MAC Lickable Lipstick Review and Dupe
By Contributor: Aditi
I am kind of going through a “hooked on pink” phase where anything pretty pink says “I need to be adopted by you” and specially you know in those candlyland MAC stores. Yes you guessed it right, its yet again a review and swatch of a MAC product. My new lipstick Lickable from the Cremrsheen range. As you guys know that I’m in a city that has no MAC stores yet (I promise to support the “modi Sarkar” if you Mr.Modi gets a mac store here! I’m gonna vote for the 1st time) So yeah whenever I go to a city that has MAC I make sure to pay it a visit and a recent trip to Kolkata got me my new fuchsia bright pink lipstick which is also compared a lot of times to Girl About Town.
MAC Lickable is a bright blue based fuchsia pink with a little sheen to it. There is nothing up the amp in this shade but as I told you I’m in a pink phase, it seems quite appealing. Even tough I am not a big fan of cremesheens but I got this one just because it has the perfect amount of pink with the right amount of blue-red undertones. To me this color is for fall and not for summer.
Lets go on to the specs:
1. It is from the cremesheen finish from MAC
2. It has as a tiny little bit of pearly glitter that stays on even when the colour has been washed off from the lips
3. The packaging is same like all other regular line lipsticks from MAC (which I would suggest MAC to redo)
4. Perfect balance of blue red undertones that lets the basic fuchsia show up really well
5. The pigmentation as expected is very good, for me 1 swipe is enough but my mom does two swipes as she has got pigmented lips and she wants all her lipstick to really stand out.. uuh classy mom.
6. Even though I find shimmer free lipsticks better but this one has a very tiny amount of it and never looks OTT.
Swatches in natural light
Here is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with it
And how it looks on me
Pros of MAC Lickable Cremesheen Lipstick:
- The pigmentation is superb as a single swipe is enough for me..one tube would go a long way
- A balanced pink that’s not too in your face nor too understated to be left unnoticed
- Has perfect balance of blue tones so would complement every Indian skin tone from Aishwarya Rai to Deepika to Bipasha
- Has a little shimmer which adds a sheen to it
- Stains the lips even after it wears off (I personally like lipstick stains)
- Even though its a cremesheen, it doesn’t bleed
Cons of MAC Lickable Cremesheen Lipstick:
- Tthe packaging. Im kind of bored with this packaging now
- The price has been raised to 1190 which is not fair
- Staying time. Even tough it stains the lips but actual lipstick stays only about 2-3 hours
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
Dupe: Revlon Lollipop Lip Butter
Conclusion: Overall will I repurchase it. Yes. If they don’t release a matter version of the same colour