MAC Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte Lipstick Review and Swatches
By Contributor: Agnirupa
Oohh I know I know I am late in writing about a retro matte lipstick so many days after its launch here but this is the shade I have searched high and low up and down (read= called up and disturbed shops and friends frantically) but yeahhh victoryy!! A lovely friend procured it for me and in spite of her delicate health she did manage to ship it to me (loads of kisses to you) and so I am finally here today with the review and swatches on my favorite of the bunch MAC Flat Out Fabulous.
MAC Claims: Flat Out Fabulous is described as a “bright plum matte”.
The color is oohh la la! A beautiful fuchsia plum color which looks omg gorgeous on light-medium complexioned Indian girls and instantly brightens up the entire face. I was totally smitten by the color and could find no dupe yet! No wonder the MAC model in the retro matte ad was wearing this lipstick and this is the shade which got sold the fastest along with All Fired Up! Oops sorry too much trivia.
The pigmentation is mind boggling and a single light swipe- whoosh! Its enough to get the saturated color on your lips and cover up any sort of pigmentation.
The texture is the typical retro matte of MAC – the most coveted matte formula in the world. Its light, non sticky and no it doesn’t really tug on dry lips and applies evenly and easily (FYI I do not have dry lips) The texture being retro matte, the color lasts on and on throughout the day and does not wear off completely till removed.
The retro matte collection lipsticks are all packaged in our familiar MAC classic black and silver packaging with its tight click cap, thus making them easy to carry around.
Swatches of Flat Out Fabulous in natural light
My lip swatches with FOF
This is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with MAC FOF
The pros of MAC Flat Out Fabulous Lipstick:
- Typical classic MAC packaging which is easy to carry!
- Typical retro matte texture for the matte lovers
- Light and feathery soft matte which does not accentuate fine lip lines or drag when applying
- Super gorgeous bright pink plum color which brightens up my complexion!
- Lasts through the day without wearing off completely.
- 1 swipe opaque pigmentation
- Delicious vanilla fragrance!
The cons of MAC Flat Out Fabulous Lipstick:
- None except the LE tag
Price: Rs.990 (quite surprising since it is LE)
VNA Rating: 5/5
Do I recommend? MAC Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte Lipstick is a fuchsia plum shade. Well since right now it’s a LE shade (as far as I know) and the collection was launched long back and lapped up by all of us in the blink of an eye its useless recommending it anyways. But if I can instill the craze even further I say yeeessssssss…buy it buy it buy it. Its 1 of the loveliest shades MAC has come up with and definitely one worth having.
- MAC Impassioned Lipstick Swatch, Review
- MAC Girl About Town Lipstick: Swatches, Review
- MAC Candy Yum Yum Lipstick: Swatches, Review
- Mac Chili Matte Lipstick Swatches and Review
- Mac Speak Louder Lipstick Swatches and Review
- MAC Amorous Lipstick: Swatches, Review and Dupe
Have you used MAC Flat Out Fabulous Retro Matte Lipstick? Share your views with us.