MAC Fix+ Spray and Its Different Uses
By Contributor: Agnirupa Acharyya
We ladies do tend to go a little err.. heavy handed with our make up and in order to make sure we continue to look like porcelein dolls till the end of the day and not have our makeup melting and slipping away from our faces we do look for a perfect makeup fixing spray and for that precisely I present today’s review star- our MAC Fix+ spray! I would also tell you the different uses of fix plus and how I use it all year round in Indian climate.
MAC Claims: An aqua -spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!
The fix+ spray mist comes in an unique classy plastic bottle packaging with a very secure lock pump making it oh-so easy to carry around and travel with. You just need to turn the pump mouth from the left to right and voila! It sprays a fine, even soothing mist.
The fragrance is light, fresh and extremely soothing no doubt for the presence of cucumber and green tea. Truthfully speaking, never would I have thought I would buy this but after the S.A sprayed it on my face after applying MAC studio fix compact foundation the matte powdery finish just vanished instantly and my cheeks looked healthy and luminous. I could see the difference vividly between the flawless makeup and the flawless radianceI just had to get this!
5 Different Uses of Mac Fix Plus Spray:
This can be used in various different ways
1. for a dose of hydration when your skin feels stretchy after makeup removal
2. as a light hydrating primer before makeup
3. to finish your makeup and lock it
4. to moisten your brushes before applying face products. Works great while using mineral makeup or powder foundations
5. and of course to refresh your skin anytime it needs!
It does not melt/wash away your makeup even the tiniest bit so in hot weather you just keep spritzing this through the day to refresh yourself.
Coming to the texture of the mist, its airy, light and absolutely non-sticky, non-greasy and not heavy in the least. You can just put this in your bag and it acts in all the ways mentioned.
Throughout summer I used the mist to just cool down my hot face with a single spray and in the upcoming winters I am going to achieve that glow with a finishing spritz.
The effect does stay for quite a long time, more of course during the drier and colder days but then again it’s a cakewalk to touch up.. it’s a total winner!
Let’s look at some before and after photos:
Absorbed within moments!
My FOTD with the makeup mist
You can see the dewy glow on my skin
The pros of Mac Fix Plus Spray:
- Easy to carry, sleek plastic bottle packaging with an easy lock pump which dispenses the mist evenly on the face.
- Cool, light, refreshing texture of the mist which even in hot humid weather does not make my skin oily/feel heavy/ sticky!
- Very fresh, soothing fragrance.
- Loaded with natural good for skin ingredients like green tea, chamomile and cucumber!
- Can be used in sooo many different ways- before makeup, for setting makeup, freshening up,a light hydration, moistening brushes for easy application and so on…
- Lasts for a long long time!
The cons of Mac Fix+ Mist:
- Pricey really..I admit the ingredients are awesome and natural but still..Rs. 1150 for 100 ml of err..water??!
Price: Rs. 1150 (yes as usual MAC is intent on robbing us!)
Dupe: Colorbar Skin Stay the Day Finishing Mist
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? Mac Fix Plus Spray has turned from being a total no-no product for me to something I do use throughout the year for various reasons and it has never yet failed me once! For an instant pick-me-up I just have to spray fix+ on my face once. The freshness just zaps my fatigue so yes I totally think for all its uses it is worth picking up for trying even though I know the price is a bit too much!