L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Stain Eve Review and Swatches
By Contributor: Agnirupa
I am back again with a lip thingy! And no its not my fault if all the brands suddenly decide to turn me bankrupt by launching long awaited tempting stuff. First Maybelline with their remarkable lip polishes and now L’oreal with these Shine Caresse Lip Stains *sigh* I could hardly miss out on these beauties right? I picked up a couple as soon as I spied them at the counter and this color Eve is my favorite out of the 2 which I will review and swatch today. The best feature IMO, of these lip stains are their luxurious packaging. I was bowled over from the beginning. A golden classy tube looking far better than its inspiration (the YSL Glossy stains) with a transparent mid-section to showcase the color and a bent leaf-like soft spongy applicator for precise application as these stains are very staining and you can go horribly wrong if you mess up.
L’oreal Claims: Discover a stain that thinks it’s a gloss. Now hydration & shine meet lasting, lightweight color. Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain combines the power of a lip stain with lip-gloss luster. This next generation lip stain, formulated with a blend of light hydrating oils & concentrated pigments, delivers lasting color with a glossy finish. Packed with 30% water, Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain leaves lips soft, comfortable and hydrated for up to 6 hours.
Lipstain Power: Fresh color feels barely there
Lipgloss Shine: Lacquer shine + Non-Sticky feel
Caring Color: 6HR continuous hydration. Read more here
The color Eve looks like an orchid twist in a hot pink but these stains are pretty misleading till you try them on your lips as they tend to darken as they dry and stain. On me, Eve looks like a berry-orchid fusion color flush which is a lovely shade for autumn-winter months and looks very nice and natural.
At first swipe, the pigmentation does not look very promising but wait before you layer up. It gets dark as it dries and more so over time, though on ladies with very pigmented lips it does need multiple swipes. It is sufficiently hydrating for my not-so-dry lips and only needs a balm after a couple of hours. For ladies with drier lips though, it might spell trouble and emphasize the lines.
The texture is a thin,watery, quite non-sticky stain-like texture which if applied in a single swipe applies the most evenly and easily and gives lips a *barely there* feel. I love the texture as I hate thick, sticky, gloopy textures on my lips and since most of the year goes in me hating hot, humid weather, these stains are going to be my most worn thing in summer!
Staying power is amazing and just a single swipe on my lips ensures that it stays for 5-6 hours withstanding food and drinks. Touching up is a pain as its difficult to line and fill lips quickly with the wand so its best left untouched and persisting as a stain! No taste or fragrance.
Swatches of Eve in different lights
This is how it looks on my lips
My lip swatches with a single swipe
The pros of L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Glossy Stain Eve:
- Luxurious golden tube packaging with a bent spongy leaf-like applicator
- Cool, watery, thin and non-sticky texture- easy to apply and feels very comfortable on lips
- The color Eve looks like an orchid pink tint on my lips in a single swipe and gives me a natural pout
- The pigmentation is sheer-medium at first and darkens over time and finally persists as a heavy stain.
- Staying power is great, around 5-6 hours with food and drinks.
- Quite economical for l’oreal!
The cons of L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Glossy Stain Eve:
- Difficult to touch up as its very staining and definitely not a good idea to apply it if you are in a hurry
- Ladies with very dry or pigmented lips won’t love it much as it does not provide much hydration or coverage of lip pigmentation.
Price: Rs 499 (pumps fist in air- yoooooo)
VNA Rating: 4/5
Do I recommend? L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Glossy Stain Eve is for ladies who like a natural flush of color on their lips without that thick, glossy feel or look. You will be euphoric when they try these out and me being less of a lipstick gal in everyday life and more of a gloss/stain/tint gal I prefer these over normal glosses and l’oreal fulfills all our expectations along with a very reasonable pricing. Highly recommended!
- Lakme 9-to-5 Lipstick Scarlet Drill Review
- L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick in Tender Berry Review
- L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick in Always Apricot Review
- L’OR ELECTRIC Color Riche Lipstick Burning Sunset
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick Pink Passion Review
- L’Oreal Paris Intense Ruby Lipstick Review