L’oreal Paris Kajal Magique Review
Do you believe that changing a couple of letters in your name can change your luck? (There is a whole league of Bollywood celebs: Karisma Kapur, Tusshar Kapoor, Jaaved Jaaferi, Riteish Deshmukh, Viveik Oberoi, Ajay Devgn and so on) Apparently Bejan Daruwalla thinks so and so does L’Oreal! That is possibly why they spelled Magic as Magique in their first ever retractable kohl liner in the Indian market. Even Aishwarya Rai prefers to call it maigeeeek! Yes I am talking of the new L’oreal Kajal Magique will I will review and swatch today.
- Supreme Black color
- Extraordinary care
- 12-hr Smudge proof
The first thing that matters about a kohl is the pigmentation and it doesn’t deliver in this department. Its not bad but when you already have winners in the market, you need to up your market quotient which it doesn’t. The colour is not jet black and although its okay to layer it up a couple of times on the upper line but on waterline layering isn’t my thing. You gotta deliver in the first swipe.
Leaving the pigmentation apart, I quite like it in all other factors. It stays till the evening without giving me panda eyes and quite smudge proof. Well its supposed to be because its matte. And yes its waterproof too.
It glides on smoothly and easily. And travel friendly ofcourse. Plus I would like to mention the pink black packaging which is quite hatke. Me likey!
Swatches in natural light
top: one swipe, bottom: multiple swipes
Pros of L’oreal Paris Kajal Magique:
- Its smudge proof on my oily lids. I tried rubbing the hand swatch too and it didn’t budge.
- Never irritates my eyes.
- Matte finish like Mybelline Colossal. While Lakme Eyeconic is a little satiny
- Smooth to apply and glides easily
Cons of L’oreal Paris Kajal Magique:
- The pigmentation is okayish. Not the best. You need to build up the color.
- Priced higher than the already existing similar kohls in the market
VNA Rating: 3.5/5
So is it for you? L’oreal Kajal Magique is a decent kohl although not the blackest black out there and you do need to swipe it a couple of times to get that rich colour. But its smudge and waterproof which is great. And stays on my waterline for 5-6 hours.
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Le Khol Review
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Brown Review
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal White Review
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Green Swatches, Review
- L’oreal Paris Super Liner Carbon Gloss Review
- MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner Undercurrent Review